Technical Financial Analyst
Posted on: January 24, 2023
- Coordinates with all levels of IT and business management to
gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding
budget plans, trend future requirements and operating
- Model business scenarios, funding investment scenarios, and
track performance metrics to enable IT leadership to make strategic
department and company-wide decisions.
- Facilitate the development of monthly, quarterly, annual,
ad-hoc financial reports to report budget performance and variances
- Lead activities between IT and business units in order to
prepare annual project portfolio budget based on organization's
performance, expense reports and past budget.
- Review and analyze budget on a monthly basis to analyze trends
affecting budget needs.
- Leverage technical expertise to provide quantitative analysis
around cost drivers and budget consumption trends. Monitor
performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of
- Develops and communicates complex ROI models to analyze and
recommend project business value to aid senior management decision
making on project prioritization.
- Ensures tools functionality and supporting financial management
processes are in synergy with Finance and Accounting, IT
Governance, and IT Program Office.
- Create, design, and maintain reusable datasets with appropriate
architecture to work with high level of data complexity. Create
dashboards/reports to surface data for different
- Contribute to the development of analytical frameworks, tools,
and skills needed in support of technical requirements.
- Develop and design solutions to scale and automated financial
- Guides the analysis, development, implementation, and
maintenance of financial management tools and supporting process to
streamline and improve existing financial management
- Communicates and trains of the use of tools and supporting
processes as appropriate.
- Designs system processes and workflows to define, test, and
implement configuration requirements for financial management
- Utilizes systems thinking to analyze impact tool configuration
against core business processes of asset management, work demand
management, application portfolio management, resource management,
and contract management on a converged platform.
- Identifies and implements process improvement and process
- Responsible for the overall health of the financial and
resource application capabilities. Manages the maintenance and
support of assigned application system(s)/modules.
- Leads or participates in the evaluation and selection process
for application packages within area of responsibility. Makes
presentations to solicit project buy-in, report on project status,
conduct problem resolution and other types of communication to a
variety of audiences.
- Develops technical specifications for applications. Serves as
technical subject matter expert for development of new code or
reuse of existing code, scripts, or other programming
- Identifies best sources of data and works with data architects
to ensure feasibility with corporate data sources, when
- May analyze integrated performance across multiple
extract/transform/load (ETL) components. May recommend improvements
to system processes to maximize efficiency of
- Researches, recommends, and applies middleware to facilitate
the portability and scalability of applications. Utilizes
middleware tools for designing and developing solutions when
- Provides Tier II (application module) support. May provide Tier
III support. Troubleshoots existing systems to identify errors or
deficiencies and develops solutions.May be assigned the role of
Team Lead which involves resource planning assignments.
- Mentor junior positions to increase core systems knowledge and
HMSA IT best practices.
- May be assigned the role of Team Lead which involves resource
- Other Duties/Functions
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as
assigned or directed.
Keywords: HMSA, Honolulu , Technical Financial Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!