Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description Job Description:Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company
bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to
customers in the national security, engineering, and the health
industries. Leidos is seeking a Network Engineer for a position as
part of a team supporting the Air Force's U.S. Battlefield
Information Collection and Exploitation System Extended (BICES-X)
program in Camp Smith, Hawaii. This is a full time position that
must work in Camp Smith, HI. - No full time telework is allowed.
This position requires an active TS/SCI Clearance. Program
SummaryUS Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation
System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting
DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global
threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations.
With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant
command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war
fighter and their missions.Primary Responsibilities
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable
operation of software and systems for fulfilling business
objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and
stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and
to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Design and define network architecture for new or existing
- Perform complex network development and design work.
- Participate in the upgrading of operating systems and design of
- Provide input for documentation on new or existing
- Develops and conduct tests to ensure networks meet documented
- Identify, analyze, and resolve network problems.
- Provide network/equipment/specialized training and technical
- Determine network specifications, input/output processes, and
working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- May provide guidance and leadership to less-experienced systems
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as
- Comprehensive knowledge of network engineering principles,
methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- This position may be required to complete short-term
deployments to AFRICOM AOR.Basic Qualifications
- 2+ years of Network Engineering experience.
- Bachelor's degree - may substitute additional years of
- Must possess a current CompTIA Security+ CE certification
- Must possess a completed CCNA certification.
- Must complete a CCNP certification within twelve months of
- Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security
- Must meet DOD 8750 requirements and be eligible for IAT level
II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges.
Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on
- Knowledge and experience with routing and switching protocols
(e.g. OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, Spanning Tree Protocol, ISAKMP, ESP, SIP,
- Knowledge and experience with current Cisco IOS software and
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot Multicast
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot DMVPN and GRE
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and
multi-task while still ensuring high quality of work
- Highly organized with strong ability to prioritize work and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail and presentation
- Results driven, highly efficient, energetic, and highly
- Must possess a high degree of intelligence, competence,
maturity, adaptability, resilience, integrity, and initiative
- The work is typically performed at client site locations, which
requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical
effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or
- Completed CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Enterprise
- Knowledge and experience with VoIP/collaboration systems
- Knowledge and experience with HAIPE-based encryption
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies
- Knowledge and experience with data center networking
- Experience with firewalls and firewall rule sets
- Understanding of network virtualization
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center
Virtualization Fundamentals coursePay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 -
$97,000.00 - $130,950.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is
a general guideline only -and not a guarantee of compensation or
salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include
(but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Honolulu , Network Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Aiea, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!