Remote Senior Mortgage Underwriter
Company: CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC.
Posted on: July 1, 2020
CrossCountry Mortgage is more than a mortgage! When we started
in 2003, our President and CEO Ronald J. Leonhardt, Jr., had the
vision to become a nationwide full-service lender that could
provide more to customers - meeting their needs, being there every
step of the way, and making home ownership dreams possible and
affordable. We're continuing to expand our nationwide footprint,
and we're not stopping any time soon!
We Care! CrossCountry Mortgage offers eligible employees a robust
benefits package including medical, dental, vision, as well as a
401K with an employer match! We also offer company provided
Short-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program and a Wellness
Program. Our Corporate office also enjoys a casual dress code, an
on-site market cafe, and an upbeat working environment!
The Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for underwriting and
clearing conditions for FHA, VA and Conventional loans ensuring
compliance with specific company, investor and insurer underwriting
guidelines in a paperless environment. Experience Underwriting USDA
and Bond programs is a plus. A thorough working knowledge of
industry standard product, program and compliance Underwriting
guidelines is required. Senior Mortgage Underwriter candidate must
be able to clearly communicate all mortgage loan guidelines to loan
processors and loan officers.
- Maintains pipeline within the Company's standards 24-hour
turn-around time for upfront and final underwrite.
- Reviews files upfront for initial credit decision based on
Company checklists and guidelines.
- Underwrites a minimum of 40 loan points per month based on CCM
weighted point scale.
- Issues loan approvals or escalates files to loan committee when
necessary based on Company guidelines.
- Grades loan application quality as based on criteria covered in
- Reviews files throughout the process if requested by the
Processor. Communicates errors and missing information to Processor
- Emails information pertaining to the loan file through
- Adjusts condition sheet in Encompass PC with applicable
- Reviews files for final approval once all items are gathered by
- Issues final approval uploading all necessary approval
documentation into Company's software systems with appropriate
- Works with post-closing department on any stipulations for
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate Degree in business management or related field.
- SAR and/or DE strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of Mortgage Underwriter experience in a retail
environment for mortgage lender highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of credit and appraisal experience in mortgage
lending field covering FHA, VA and Conventional Loan Programs.
- Recent experience Underwriting FHA loans and supporting the
Mortgage Lending activity at a purchase focused Mortgage
- Basic understanding of mortgage banking software, Mortgage
Underwriting, loans, purchase, and refinance transactions.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal with an
ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to
understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level
of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job
description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or
working conditions associated with the position.
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC offers MORE than a job, we offer a
career. Apply now to begin your path to success!
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC. (NMLS3029) is an Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color,
orientation, gender, age, national origin, veteran status,
disability status or marital status. Employment is contingent upon
successful completion of a background investigation. CrossCountry
Mortgage, LLC. is an FHA Approved Lending Institution and is not
acting on behalf of or at the direction of HUD/FHA or the Federal
government. To verify licensing, please visit
Keywords: CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC., Honolulu , Remote Senior Mortgage Underwriter, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!