Manager, Queen's Neuroscience Program (BSN)
*Queen's Medical Ctr-Honolulu
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides leadership, oversees, and manages the daily
administration, management, and coordination of services, programs,
and activities of The Queen’s Medical Center’s (QMC) Neuroscience
Institute and Queen’s Neurosurgery.
• Ensures functions, services, programs, and activities support
short and long range strategic plans and meet the goals and
objectives of QMC and The Queen’s Health Systems (QHS).
• Ensures operations and functions are in compliance with
regulatory requirements and policies and procedures of QMC and
• Develops, coordinates, implements, and assesses for
effectiveness, programs and projects to promote, enhance, and
expand services provided by areas assigned.
• Tracks key performance indicators (safety, quality, service,
and affordability) for assigned programs and works with the Medical
Director and other key stakeholders to address any variation from
targets and develop improvement plans in applicable areas.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, sitting, walking, finger dexterity,
seeing, hearing, speaking.
• Frequent: sitting, standing, walking, static gripping of an
object for prolonged periods.
• Occasional: stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on
uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of one pound up to
five pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level.
• Operates telephones, copier and other office/business type
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental
• Subjected to noise/vibrations from intercoms, telephones and
• Exposure to body fluids and communicable diseases.
• Working environment is fast paced and may be stressful.
• Frequently works on multiple tasks and priorities at one
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Current Hawaii State License as Registered Nurse.
• Current BLS/HCP certification.
• Three (3) years progressive experience as a Registered Nurse
in an acute care facility, preferably in a comparable
• Three (3) years supervisory/leadership experience.
• Prior experience managing a neurology group practice highly
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet