Effective Date: 06/14
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides clinical consultation as a Registered Nurse (RN) with
the Patient Care Team to facilitate coordination of care across the
continuum for selected complex patients.
• Partners with Patient Care Team; maintains accountability for
the delivery of patient care and oversees care throughout patient’s
admission and return to community setting as applicable.
• Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, case
finding and assessment, patient/family education and advocacy,
resource management and discharge planning in an acute care,
long-term care setting, or community setting, as assigned.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: sitting, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing,
speaking, lifting usual weight of 5 pounds, pushing/pulling usual
weight of 50 pounds, carrying usual weight of 10 pounds.
• Frequent: standing, walking, reaching above, at and below
shoulder level, repetitive arm/hand motions.
• Occasional: sitting, stooping/bending, kneeling, crawling,
climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, squatting, twisting
body, lifting and carrying weight up to 20 pounds, pushing/pulling
weight up to maximum 50 pounds of force.
• Operates various office and audiovisual equipment.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental
• Exposed to medications, radiation, body fluids, sharps,
electrical/mechanical units and chemicals.
• Work schedule includes weekends and holidays as assigned. Work
environment may be stressful due to multiple requests/projects and
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
• Current Hawaii state license as a Registered Nurse.
• Current CPR certification at BLS/HCP level.
• Current certification as a Certified Case Manager (CCM)
through CCMC preferred.
• Two (2) years healthcare experience as a Registered Nurse
required: acute care long-term care, or community settings may be
required according to clinical are assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet