Transitional Care Nurse Case Manager - Telephonic/Non-Remote
*Queen's Medical Ctr-Honolulu
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides clinical consultation as a Registered Nurse (RN) to
patients upon discharge through the Transitional Case Management
• Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
assessment and development of transitional care plan,
patient/family education and advocacy, coordination of services
with patient and patient care team and participation in performance
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: sitting, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing,
speaking, and lifting usual weight of 5 pounds, carrying usual
weight of 10 pounds.
• Frequent: standing, walking, and reaching above, at and below
shoulder level, repetitive arm/hand motions.
• Occasional: sitting, stooping/bending, kneeling, crawling,
climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, squatting, twisting
body, lifting and carrying weight up to 20 pounds.
• Operates various office and audiovisual equipment.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental
• May be subjected to clients with behavior health
• Exposed to medications, radiation, body fluids, sharps,
electrical/mechanical units and chemicals.
• Work schedule may include working weekends and holidays as
• Work environment may be stressful due to multiple
requests/projects and priorities.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Current Hawaii State license as a Registered Nurse.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
• Current certification as a Certified Case Manager (CCM)
through CCMC preferred.
• Two (2) years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse.
• Prior experience in the community setting preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet