Systems Engineer Advisor
Company: The Judge Group, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Location: Honolulu, HI Description: Our client is currently
seeking a Systems Engineer AdvisorThis job will have the following
- Manages the functionality, efficiency, and security of
infrastructure providing critical services to customers across the
globe in the air, on land, and at sea.
- Apply DISA STIG settings and patch OS/applications as
- Provision elevated and service accounts.
- Create and maintain system documentation.
- Mentor and learn from other team members.
- May perform supervisory duties.
- Interact with end users as required and evaluate vendor
- Make recommendations to alter architecture of software and
hardware to adapt to emerging technologies.
- Develop policies and standards for performing complex builds
and everyday tasks.
- May write and maintain PowerShell scripts to automate
- May develop and implement testing strategies and document
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies and learn
new technologies as assigned.
- May be required to complete short-term deployments to austere
- May be required to perform duties outside of normal day shift
- The work is typically performed in an office environment, which
requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical
effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
- Participate in special projects as required. Required
- 9+ years of experience is required.
- Bachelor's and Master's degree (may substitute additional years
- Must possess and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Experience Windows infrastructure services (DHCP, DNS.
Authentication, Active Directory, and connectivity troubleshooting)
- Understanding of Agile, ITIL, DevOps practices.
- Experience with infrastructure including but not limited to:
data center operations, server hardware, operating systems
(Windows, Linux), web servers, databases, virtualization (VMware),
networking, storage, monitoring, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced
- May be required to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours as
- Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level
II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must
obtain ITIL V4 Foundation within six months of hire.
- Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications
may be required.Preferred Qualifications:
- TS/SCI clearance highly desired
- Mastery of the PowerShell scripting language.
- Experience automating and configuring systems using Desired
State Configuration (DSC).
- Horizon View/VDI
- SCSM and/or ServiceNow
- SCCM/MS Endpoint Manager
- MCSE, MCSA, MCITP: EA
- VMWare Certification(s) Contact: This job and many more are
available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at - provided
Keywords: The Judge Group, Inc., Honolulu , Systems Engineer Advisor, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!