Purchasing and Materials Coordinator
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Vigor expects all employees to enhance the atmosphere in which
they work by living the Vigor Values every day. Truth: --We seek
the truth, and we speak the truth
Responsibility:--We act on what we know is right
Evolution: We seek mastery, and adapt to a changing world
Love:--We care about the people we work with, and the world we live
in POSITION SUMMARY: The position provides primary support for the
procurement of materials by working with the material planning,
production, purchasing, engineering and quality teams. This
position also supports the materials management function by
participating in activities and performing tasks related to
inventory management. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR
RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list is not intended to detail all aspects
of the assigned work but is representative of the job's overall
- Creates part numbers, demand, and purchase requisitions to
support purchase order process flow.
- Coordinates with internal customers to gather information
needed to facilitate purchasing process flow. This includes part
and material information gathered from RFQs, spreadsheets, e-mails,
or in person from staff needing to purchase products and
- Assists Material Planning Manager and Project Management
personnel with sourcing and purchase order generation and
- Updates material dock dates, performs expediting, and provides
visibility of the status of purchased materials to the operational
team and project management.
- Supports purchasing with clerical duties and record keeping as
needed, (material certifications, certificates of conformance,
supplier performance records, ect.).
- Supports the materials management function as needed for
inventory control, inventory replenishment, kitting, shipping and
receiving, and government property management.
- Runs reports related to purchasing and inventory management
such as for inbound materials, cycle counting, on-hand inventory,
- Supports Material Planning Manager in documenting,
replenishing, and tracking replacement parts and materials.
- Support cross-functional continuous improvement of systems and
procedures as they relate to procurement and materials management.
JOB SCOPE: This job is performed within established procedures
using a variety of computer applications and office equipment. The
work consists of fairly standard procedures and tasks where basic
analytical ability is required. The position follows established
guidelines with limited authority to deviate. The position reports
to the Materials Manager or other designee. This position requires
the ability to operate in all facets of materials management with a
focus on the supply side in procurement. SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
INTERPERSONAL CONTACTS: Interactions are internal and external,
working closely with project management and purchasing staff as
well as shipping/receiving/warehouse performing daily job
functions. KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and
written for constant interaction with all departments and employee
levels and outside customers.
- Must have the analytical ability to research problem areas and
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to become proficient in Vigor ERP software.
- Skilled at use of PC and software applications such as MS
Office and database programs.
- Ability to create and maintain filing systems.
- Must be a well-organized, detail and customer (internal and
external) oriented self-starter.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, work well independently,
prioritize duties and follow through tasks to completion.
- Must be able to answer the phone and direct calls
- Ability to handle competing priorities and deadlines
effectively and respond well to last minute, high priority, time
- Ability to handle the pressure of constant interruptions.
- Ability to schedule, direct and organize work within a diverse
department and coordinate work with other departments to maintain
- Ability to work in a software-intensive environment. Responds
to change productively and contributes to team effort by
accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability and willingness to work in the warehouse performing
inventory control tasks as well as occasional shipping and
receiving support. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma
or GED Certificate is required. Associates degree in
business-related field desired. Minimum three (3) years of
experience in a computerized environment. Experience using software
package for a medium sized purchasing department is helpful. He/she
must have experience using an ERP system as well as Microsoft
Windows, Excel and Word programs. The person must have experience
and knowledge of filing systems, office machines and general office
procedures. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS: None
Required PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work is conducted in a dynamic,
fast-paced office setting with moderate to loud noise levels from
production activity in the shop. He/she may be required to be in
production areas. The person must be able to walk to and from job
sites. The individual may be required to lift up to 20 pounds. The
person may be required to work more than 8-hour shifts and weekend
work. There may be local travel up to and out-of-town travel
(including air travel) up to 5% of the time with notice. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. WORK ENVIRONMENT: While in
production areas will be exposed to all weather conditions, noise,
dusts and odors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vigor and its wholly owned subsidiaries provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veterans, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Vigor complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
benefits, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Vigor, Honolulu , Purchasing and Materials Coordinator, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!