Beauty Account Coordinator
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more than 160
years, we have served generations at every stage of their lives.
Macy's customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration.
Do you love helping others feel beautiful and confident? At Macy's
Beauty, we'll show you how to make magic with top-notch (paid)
training on our product lines as well as the latest technology,
trends, and techniques in the exciting world of beauty. Join our
Beauty team to express your artistic side by creating customized
beauty regimens and gorgeous new looks with amazing beauty products
from the hottest brands. You'll also get exclusive perks including
all kinds of wonderful product samples and a product allowance to
spend on your choice of full-size products (we call it -gratis- -
you're going to LOVE it.) And the feeling you'll get from helping
someone find their perfect shade? Now that's beautiful!
The Account Coordinator is the advocate for driving the total
Beauty business. They are the ultimate Beauty guru - owning all
events and education around their assigned brand, which they
leverage to increase traffic and drive sales for total Macy's
beauty. They are the experts of the product line, beauty culture
and selling techniques for their assigned brand, however they
cultivate an environment of continuous learning for all Beauty
Associates on the floor. The Account Coordinator leads the
elevation of service by empowering all Beauty associates to become
beauty experts, and increase multi-brand selling across the floor.
They own the promotional calendar for their brand - strategizing
and executing all events from National launches to grassroots
events which speak to the local customers' beauty fingerprint. The
Account Coordinator will also perform other duties as assigned.
As a Leader (Driving Results)
- Drives sales and traffic across total Macy's beauty by putting
the customers' needs first and foremost, while interweaving store
and vendor initiatives.
- Review and analyze brand business performance and sales results
to inspire teamwork to achieve sales goals.
- Communicate line-assigned business opportunities to store and
district partners through periodic recaps.
- Reinforce and support department objectives by connecting brand
success with the overall growth of the Beauty department.
- Partner with District Merchant and Store Leadership to identify
business driving opportunities.
- Works closely with Beauty Sales Manager and Sales Supervisor to
set coaching priorities for the department.
- Support Store Leadership in hiring and recruiting Beauty team
members at their assigned brand.
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Understand key business drivers. Skincare, makeup, and
fragrances; Uses business acumen to identify local customer and
what they want. Changes merchandising and visual display in order
to speak to the local customer, and drive sales in the
- Assists SM by inspecting the accuracy of promotional
presentation, notifies SM of needed changes; communicates
advertising on counter and upcoming promotional cadence.
- Instills the initiative to use all Retail technology provided -
IPAD, the Beauty Playground, MyClient, MyMacys apps and Brand
specific tools and technology - with a focus on education and
- Drives MyClient - the addition of new clients daily and the
conversion of text/email campaigns into sales.
Education & Development
Empowers the team to become influencers to their customers by first
training and then continuously demonstrating selling behaviors to
create a loyal following of clients.
- Inspires each Beauty associate to create personal experiences
for their customers - speaking to specific makeup tricks, creating
looks and social trends - regardless of brand.
- Influences the Beauty associates to become experts in their
product knowledge and artistry skills - and to use these skills to
elevate the customer experience.
- Promotes continuous usage of Beauty Playground and seeks to
increase competency and engagement with MyClient, POS enhancements,
and all training apps on the beauty IPAD.
- Owns the execution of training for all Beauty associates in
product knowledge of their brand - as well as seeking out
opportunities to train the team on anything that will help
ultimately drive sales. Partners with SM to coordinate
- View each store as our customer does- with a total cosmetics
perspective, and they share recognition and feedback in a manner
that allows fast turnaround.
Drives Events Strategy
Owns the conception & execution of brand events with the purpose of
driving traffic into stores - from National promotions, product
launches, GWPs and multi-brand events.
- Coordinates and executes National promotional & GWP events, as
well as those driven by the Corporate team and Macys Style Crew.
Leverages social media to increase brand awareness, and reach a
- Collaborates with Sales Manager / Sales Supervisor to help
create curated events specific to the nuances of the local
customers' beauty fingerprint. Strategically aligns these events to
the marketing calendar - and provides direction and execution
guidelines to all Beauty team members.
- Effectively and consistently communicates events, books, and
goals to store and district partners - follows up with
recommendations on future events based on sales results and
- Encourages associates to demonstrate products and helps
customers achieve desired "looks", ultimately creating a memorable
experience. Provides samples to customers and designates follow-up
touchpoints for future contact.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years in a leadership/supervisory position in a
- Cosmetics experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
Exceptional customer service skills. Goal-driven, with ability to
- Must be creative in training of product knowledge and
motivation of daily objectives.
- Must be creative and resourceful to execute in store events
- Ability to train, coach, and develop a team of highly
successful associates. Enthusiastic, friendly, positive
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt quickly
to changing priorities. Ability to anticipate and solve problems,
act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to empower and develop
team, collaborate and function as a member of a team, ability to
execute plans and strategies.
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and
professional business standards.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc. reserves
the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and
inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San
Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles
ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under
here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review
their rights and the Company's obligations under here. STORES00
Keywords: Macy's, Honolulu , Beauty Account Coordinator, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!