Senior Instructional Designer
Company: Kamehameha Schools
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Aloha mai! Mahalo for your interest in Kamehameha Schools. If
you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your skills and
talents and grow in your profession, while serving and
strengthening our Native Hawaiian community, we would love to have
you join our --ohana! Job Summary Provides system-wide support and
consultation in instructional design and implementation of
innovative blended and online learning solutions associated with
educational improvement in alignment with strategic vision and
direction of KS Groups, to include 1) project management and
leading cross-functional teams, 2) blended & online learning
solutions design, development, and testing, 3) facilitation,
training and capacity building, 4) evaluation and quality
assurance, and 5) mentoring and coaching instructional designers.
Project Management - For those supporting the Digital Academy
- Manages project planning and tracking, managing scope,
activity, delivery, budget, and reporting to achieve KS' strategic
goals. Emphasizes the implementation, system assessments,
quantitative and qualitative information syntheses, business
modeling, business case development with viable solutions
generation, solution impact analyses, implementation roll-out and
transition planning and/or execution, performance management, and
generation of written analyses and report deliverables for the
project completion. Executes and reports assigned initiatives.
- Builds, leads, and motivates project teams. Facilitates project
team meetings to problem solve to resolution and successful
- Keeps project team on task to meet project deadlines.
- Aligns and manages client expectations. Communicates to
internal and external audiences the project timelines and
- Oversees professional and peer development related to the
planning and delivery of programs, projects, and organizational and
technological change. Project Management
- Leads moderate to high risk/complex innovative blended and
online learning projects through establishing project objectives,
scope, risk mitigation, high-level timelines, cost-benefit
analysis, project milestones, and detailed work plans. Builds
collaborative positive working relationships with cross functional
teams to ensure successful project completion. Learning Solutions
- Leads cross functional work teams to design, develop, and
implement innovative, culture-based blended and online solutions
associated with educational improvement in alignment to strategic
vision and direction of KS Groups. Applies learning theories,
various instructional design principles and frameworks (e.g. ADDIE,
Design Thinking, Agile Project Management, Improvement Science,
etc.) to deliver exceptional solutions. Facilitates the design of
solutions that are in the best interest of the KS educational
system, while working with all groups to identify and mitigate
risks. Collects and provides access to necessary resources needed
for design and/or implementation. Directs the design of solutions
and products that are assessable. Identifies risks associated with
product design that are not fully within the project's control, but
are important to success with becoming a standards-based system.
Develops learning solutions to address complex challenges requiring
skills in application of multimedia development software, learning
management systems (LMS), web and mobile development, and visual
- Attempts to mitigate identified risks by proactively
identifying problems and critically evaluating solution pathways.
Utilizes appropriate channels (i.e., design and training teams and
other internal KS resources) to review, evaluate and decide on
design change requests.
- Identifies appropriate learning solutions for testing and
utilizes effective and efficient testing and evaluation methods.
Oversees the testing of the products through development and
execution of team-self review, peer review and live trials with
educators. Plans, executes, and reports evaluations of products and
processes. Facilitation and Training
- Oversees training on various educational innovative blended and
online solutions (e.g. products, process, resources, emerging
technologies for learning) utilizing appropriate resources, methods
and technology. Directs project team discussions to produce various
deliverables. Appropriately addresses questions and/or concerns
voiced by training participants.
- Delivers ongoing updates regarding development of project
plans, development and implementation of training modules and the
achievement of milestones to various stakeholders. Collects and
addresses questions and feedback from these stakeholders.
Communicates items that are out-of-project-scope, but are important
to the success of student learning and professional performance
standards. Facilitates and runs meetings, documents results, tracks
issues, and ensures resolution. Works to build capacity while
managing client relationships. Evaluation and Quality Assurance
- Provides administrative oversight and compliance in
collaboration with supervisor to include project budget development
and allocation , and related accountability, and program evaluation
to assess initiative strategic goal achievement. Mentoring and
- Serves as mentor, providing coaching and feedback regarding
attainment of instructional designer and/or multimedia developer
work plan milestones, and individual goal achievement. Provides
capacity building and professional development opportunities in
best practices and emerging technologies for blended and online
learning. Ensures that designers and developers are sufficiently
prepared when representing the division. Position Requirements
Minimum Qualifications - A combination of education and experience
may be substituted for the requirements listed.
- Masters degree in Education, Instructional Design, Educational
Technology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of directly related work experience.
- Expert knowledge in instructional design theories and
frameworks, including blended and online learning standards and
trending digital innovations.
- Expert knowledge of instructional design and multimedia
development tools and software, learning management systems (LMS),
web & mobile development, and visual design.
- Expert knowledge of and experience with designing and assessing
standards based curriculum and the integration of culture and
curriculum (e.g., lessons, units).
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with
all stakeholders via face to face interactions, electronic and web
- Ability to facilitate complex small and large group work
sessions (face-to-face, blended, or online)
- Self-motivated with the demonstrated ability to take
- Skilled in working with various constituent
groups-Administrator/Management, Faculty, students, Educational
Support Group - within and beyond KS.
- Work flexible and at time, long hours as necessary and be able
to travel frequently.
- Expert competence with with MS Office, Google Suite, Adobe
Creative Suite applications (i.e. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator,
Flash, Acrobat) and a wide variety of instructional design and
development tools (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia,
audio/video, web conferencing, enterprise applications, etc.)
- Knowledge of 21st century skills for students and
- Experience working in collaborative teams to achieve desired
outcomes and milestones
- Ability to be adaptive and shift with job demands and
- Must be able to work independently and manage time and work to
meet deliverables and outcomes.
- Structured Project Planning, Execution and Control: Ability to
methodically plan, execute and control moderate to
high-risk/prioritized initiatives. Able to manage project scope,
quality, cost and schedule to pre-determined constraints. Preferred
- Experience with instructional coaching and/or supporting other
educators, instructional designers & multimedia developers .
- Experience with nohona, `ike, and `--lelo Hawai'i and
- Knowledge of KS's strategic plan, including the vision, mission
- Experience in managing competitive and conflicted work
- Experience in teambuilding and collaborative work
- Involvement in professional activities at the state or national
- Recognized as an outstanding instructional designer and proven
ability to work successfully using a wide range of instructional
strategies to address diverse age groups and learning styles.
- Frequently sits, perform desk-based computer tasks and grasp
light or fine manipulation, talk or hear.
- Occasionally stand and/or walk, write by hand, and lift and/or
carry, push and/or pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, climb, reach or
work above shoulder, or grasp forcefully. Working Conditions
- This position may involve traveling to various locations,
including neighbor islands to conduct business.
- Work is conducted in an office/school environment and may
require work to be conducted in non-standard workplaces.
- Work is typically conducted Monday through Friday at normal
business hours but evening and weekend hours are often required to
meet goals and objectives Disclaimer: The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended
to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and
skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other
duties as assigned. Federal law requires employers to provide
reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with
disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com or 808-534-8040 if
you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to
perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include
making a change to the application process or work procedures,
providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language
interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Primary
LocationKawaiahao Plaza Annex City, StateHonolulu, Hawaii
Additional Locations Posted 2 Days Ago Full time JR-00189 About Us
Kamehameha Schools offers a dynamic, innovative and collaborative
work environment for growth-minded individuals who embrace culture
and diversity. Deeply committed to shaping a thriving and vibrant
future for Native Hawaiians, Kamehameha Schools aims at finding the
right people for the right roles, who bring talent and passion to
our mission. Our workforce is comprised of full- and part-time,
on-call, and seasonal employees who work in various positions at
locations across Hawai--i pae ----ina (group of islands), including
three K-12 campuses, 29 preschools, and other regional and support
offices. Learn more about us at www.ksbe.edu/careers!
Keywords: Kamehameha Schools, Honolulu , Senior Instructional Designer, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!