Banquet Server (On-Call)
Company: Highgate Hotels
Posted on: May 3, 2021
is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management
company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate
is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New
York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing
Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward
company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property
cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or
disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse
portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and
independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and
digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue
management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving
market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value.
With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced
hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top
ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains
corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and
all-new, vibrant ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach blends indoor and
outdoor luxury to elevate the experience of Oahu resorts. Every
space has been envisioned by award-winning design firm, Rockwell
Group. Fresh, welcoming and relaxing, it’s an oasis of tranquility
in the heart of Waikiki.
our spacious, welcoming lobby and captivating 280,000 gallon
Oceanarium unique to Honolulu resorts. Coming soon, the destination
pool deck with private cabanas will offer a saltwater infinity
pool, a shallow-water pool and club for kids, and a pool bar that
seamlessly transitions from day to night. With a location steps
from Waikiki Beach, it’s where Hawaii vacations turn moments into
resort is proudly named in honor of Queen Lili‘uokalani, the last
reigning monarch of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Beloved by her people,
she was a music composer, an author and an ardent supporter of her
culture. Her spirit is infused into the resort, which shares the
same privileged location as her beachside home Ke‘alohilani,
meaning the royal brightness. Welcome to a fresh perspective on
resorts in Waikiki. ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach.
The Banquet Server (On-Call) is
responsible for the set-up and serving of food and beverages to
guests at all banquet functions, according to the hotel
- Perform preparatory tasks and side work duties to ensure that
guests are served promptly and efficiently.
- Know how to read the Banquet Event Order (BEO) and be familiar
with the menu of the assigned function.
- Served guests according to the hotel’s standards in a friendly,
courteous, and professional manner.
- Respond to guest problems, complaints, and accidents.
Communicate to management, if necessary.
- Set all tables according to hotel standards.
- Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and orderly manner,
stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food
- Clean-up banquet space after the completion of the function and
ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored and re-stocked
- Prepare room according to BEO and the various meal
- Follow all money handling procedures when serving the
- Know the menu items for each function served and able to give
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in hotel or
a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Honolulu , Banquet Server (On-Call), Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!