Company: Kahala Mandarin Oriental
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Security department is active 24 hours per day and is
repsonsible for the day-to-day patrollling of public and staff
areas ensuring that losses from whatever source and by whatever
means are minimized, security polices maintained and Health and
Safety regulations observed.
- To patrol the public areas regularly, including the guest
floors and back of house areas, together with the perimeter of the
hotel and grounds, parking garage, pool, and beach to prevent
intrusion by unauthorized people or undesirables.
- The ability to implement all policies and procedures regarding
security and safety.
- To challenge any people discovered during such patrols that
arouse suspicion and check their credentials, in a discreet manner,
in keeping with the style of the hotel.
- To control the staff entrance and conduct regular on-the-spot
baggage and Identification checks of staff and contractors exiting
or entering the building.
- To ensure, during routine patrols, that health and safety
regulations are being observed and that all fire regulations are
- To routinely check the security of all storerooms, maid
closets, concessions and offices.
- To document any crime or incident which has taken place,
including the completion and filing of theft/loss/damage reports
and electronic security logs.
- To document and investigate any incidents reported. To liaise
with the Department Head and Human Resources to ensure that steps
needed to prevent recurrence are affected.
- To be able to write or record comprehensive reports and
investigations and ensure closure.
- To provide advice to employees and management of the hotel on
loss prevention and contribute to departmental training.
- To be CPR/FIRST AID & AED certified.
- The ability to assist hotel staff in handling of unusual guest
or employee problems, such as, but not limited to, disorderly
conduct, thefts, suicides, bomb threats, employee or guest
accidents, fire or safety hazards, robberies, terrorist activities,
civil disturbance, power or elevator failures, medical assistance
and natural disasters.
- To investigate any reported fraud, such as walkouts, credit
card decline etc, and report comprehensively to senior
- To accept and secure items of lost property, attempting to
restore these items to the rightful owner.
- As a key member of the hotel's emergency response team, to be
fully familiar with the evacuation procedures including the Fire
Control Panel, egress routes of all Fire Exits and the control of
arriving Emergency service personnel.
- The ability to take responsibility for all training related to
the hotel's emergency procedures, new hire orientation and conduct
Fire and Evacuation Drills.
- To monitor and control the issue of all hotel keys; metal and
- To reprogram and or assist with the opening of guest room safes
and the safety deposit boxes.
- To receive deliveries of goods from outside the normal hours of
the Loading Dock and Purchasing staff and ensure the safe arrival
of the goods to their intended recipient.
- To be available and administer emergency first aid treatment to
staff and guest. To follow-up with medical attention as
- To open staff lockers when necessary and conduct locker checks
when required under the supervision of Human Resources and a Union
Shop Steward if necessary.
- To organize and arrange the safe custody of clients' valuables
- To make senior management immediately aware of any incident or
- To be the contact person for any of the emergency services
responding to the hotel.
- To be fully conversant with the operation of the parking
structure 'boom gates and ticket feed.'
- To patrol the extremity of the property and include the
boundaries of the Golf Course, the Beach, and Parking
- To be fully conversant with the operation of the Hotels CCTV
systems including recording devices.
- To be fully conversant with the operation of the Hotels
Emergency Evacuation system.
- To be fully conversant with the Security Operating Manual and
- To perform any additional tasks requested by the Director of
Security, the Assistant Head of Department, the Senior Security
Supervisor, or any member of the Executive Office and Executive
- Previous experience in law enforcement and/or Security
- 1 year previous Supervisory experience in a first class, medium
to large resort strongly preferred.
- CPR, Automatic External Defibrillator and Standard First Aid
- Valid Driver's License required.
- HAZCOM/MSDS Training preferred.
- Must have Security Guard Card issued by the State of
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Shift Various Shifts Position
Security Supervisor Number of Openings 1 Exempt/Non-Exempt
Non-Exempt Req Number SEC-21-00001
Keywords: Kahala Mandarin Oriental, Honolulu , Security Supervisor, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!