MFLC Counselor T3
Posted on: May 7, 2021
Description Job Description:The primary responsibility of the
MFLC program is to provide a full scope of Adult Behavioral Health
services to military service members and their families throughout
the U.S. and at select installations in Europe and Asia.MFLC Adult
counselors provide non-medical counseling services to military
service members and their families. Non-medical counseling is
supportive in nature and addresses: living conditions; life skills;
improving relationships at home and at work; stress management;
adjustment issues, such as those related to returning from
deployment; marital problems; parenting, fear, grief and loss.
Counseling modalities consist of individual, family, couples and
groups. MFLC may be based out of an installation's family center, a
National Guard and Reserve Joint Force HQ or other facilities and
will provide proactive outreach to service members and their
families via walk-around counseling. *** This role is based in
multiple locations in HawaiiResponsibilities:
- Provides face-to-face non-medical counseling to military
service members and their families.
- Makes appropriate referrals and handoffs to military and
community resources according to the needs of military service
members and their families.
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs
- Advises on new or revised presentations by military leadership,
- Provides tracking of services performed and referrals made
using the appropriate reporting system.
- Communicates information regarding trends and issues at
assigned installation to supervisors.
- Participates in regular in-service training, quality
improvement committees, or other contract activities as
- May participate in surge and on demand events.Minimum
- A Master's degree in the Behavioral Health Professions
- Minimum 3 years of post-master's supervised clinical
- *Licensure to practice at the independent practice level (LCSW,
LMFT, LPC LCPC, LMHC)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to obtain NACI clearanceDesired Experience:
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong
familiarity with the military culture
- Bilingual capabilitiesExternal Referral
Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:Yes, 10%Clearance Level
Required:NACITravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly
Family:Certified Career CounselorsPay Range:
Keywords: Leidos, Honolulu , MFLC Counselor T3, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!