Maintenance 2nd Class (Painter/Drywall)
Company: Kahala Mandarin Oriental
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Basic Job Function: Keeps the physical structure of the hotel in
good repair. Has a high degree of skill in the tools of other
trades. To maintain the guest rooms, public space and back of the
house areas in good repair by performing various tasks related to a
variety of trades, including, but not limited to carpentry,
plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and
masonry to ensure an attractive and well-maintained hotel.
- Utilizes a variety of tools to perform general skilled labor in
maintenance. Inspects guest rooms, public space and back of the
house areas to repair, touch up or replace light bulbs, lamps,
switches, outlets, faucets, toilets, hardware, filters, paint
furniture, wall covering, caulking, grouting or other miscellaneous
- Performs preventive maintenance projects, such as, but not
limited to, cleaning all guest room fan coils, replacing air
filters and servicing all HVAC - cleaning coils, replacing V-belts,
bearings and motors.
- Operates equipment such as electric sewer snakes and a variety
of power tools.
- Performs shop bench work orders and maintains cleanliness of
shop area and all tools.
- Spread sealing compound between boards or panels or over
cracks, holes, nail heads, or screw heads, using trowels, broad
knives, or spatulas.
- Press paper tape over joints to embed tape into sealing
compound and to seal joints.
- Apply additional coats to fill in cracks, holes, and joints and
make surfaces smooth.
- Seal joints between plasterboard or other wallboard to prepare
wall surfaces for painting or papering.
- Spread and smooth cementing material over tape, using trowels
or floating machines to blend joints with wall surfaces.
- Apply 1st, 2nd & 3rd coats of compound
- Sand areas after each coat
- Have a working knowledge of power tools and equipment
- Putty knives ' Corner knives; Joint knives; Taping knives;
- Trowels ' Bullnose trowels; Drywall trowels; Inside corner
trowels; Outside corner trowels
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or
unsafe conditions to the Security Department.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee
safety in fire or other emergency situations.
- Respond to all guest questions. Provide guest assistance,
direction and information as requested when working in public
- Perform a variety of other duties as assigned by Assistant
Chief of Engineering
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
- Previous experience in a hotel environment preferred.
- Prefer at least (3) three years of previous maintenance
- Preferred 5 years recent experience with drywall finishing on
- Must be self-starter and able to work with minimal
- General knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools and
materials of the general building construction trades.
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
Mental Capacity & Organizational Skill Requirements:
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Shift Various Shifts Position
Maintenance 2nd Class (Painter/Drywall) Number of Openings 1
Exempt/Non-Exempt Non-Exempt Req Number ENG-21-00002
Keywords: Kahala Mandarin Oriental, Honolulu , Maintenance 2nd Class (Painter/Drywall), Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!