Executive Sous Chef
Company: Highgate Hotels
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets
including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu.
Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate's portfolio
of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding
$10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company
provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality
property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity
and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry
leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and
predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the
company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major
hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New
York, Dallas, and Seattle.
The all-new, vibrant 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach blends
indoor and outdoor luxury to elevate the experience of Oahu
resorts. Every space has been envisioned by award-winning design
firm, Rockwell Group. Fresh, welcoming and relaxing, it's an oasis
of tranquility in the heart of Waikiki.
Experience our spacious, welcoming lobby and captivating 280,000
gallon Oceanarium unique to Honolulu resorts. Coming soon, the
destination pool deck with private cabanas will offer a saltwater
infinity pool, a shallow-water pool and club for kids, and a pool
bar that seamlessly transitions from day to night. With a location
steps from Waikiki Beach, it's where Hawaii vacations turn moments
Our resort is proudly named in honor of Queen Lili'uokalani, the
last reigning monarch of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Beloved by her
people, she was a music composer, an author and an ardent supporter
of her culture. Her spirit is infused into the resort, which shares
the same privileged location as her beachside home Ke'alohilani,
meaning the royal brightness. Welcome to a fresh perspective on
resorts in Waikiki. 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach.
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for assisting in
coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the hotel's
food production, while maintaining profitable F&B operations
and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to
provide training for all staff, meet corporate quality standards,
establish and enforce food specifications, portion control, recipes
and sanitation. The Executive Sous Chef is also responsible for
controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest
- Work with Executive Chef and other F&B managers and keep
them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in kitchen
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Monitor quality of all food product and presentation.
- Assist in preparation of required reports, including (but not
limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules,
quarterly actions plans.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and
food production areas.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with SOP's in all outlets.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Highgate
- Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in
outlets, including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
- Visually inspect, select and use only the freshest fruits,
vegetables, meats, fish, fowl and other food products of the
highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation
- Schedule culinary staff so that proper coverage is maintained
while keeping payroll costs in line
- Work with the Executive Chef and the Director of F&B to
create and implement menus.
- Design and implement employee cafeteria rotating menu and
oversee cafeteria operations.
- Assist in coordinating, supervising and directing the
- Assist in computing daily food cost.
- Monitor to ensure proper receiving, storage (including
temperature setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply
with Health Department regulations, including coverage, labeling,
dating, and placing items in proper containers of kitchen and
- Assist in proper training and direction of departmental
assistants in compliance with company standards of quality,
specifications, portion control, recipes, employee relations,
- Understand daily forecasts and customer counts.
- Coordinate all par stock levels, observe production flow and
makes adjustments in order to adhere to control procedures for cost
- Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature
of items served.
- Assist in the direction and training of all chefs to ensure
adequate operation in all outlets.
- Assist in creating menus for prospective clients.
- Review and approve weekly payroll.
- Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price
- Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food
items, sanitation of the outlets, receiving daily inventories,
log-on report and food cost report.
- Communicate to engineering department any physical maintenance
- Assist catering sales on all special menus and price
- A 3-year or 4-year culinary degree and at least 5 years of
progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
- Previous supervisor responsibility is required.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health
department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Honolulu , Executive Sous Chef, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!