Pacxa's team of 85 employees in Hawaii provides a wide range of
technical services to many of Hawaii's government agencies, most of
Hawaii's top 350 businesses, and nonprofit organizations. For the
past 30 years, Pacxa has provided hardware/software, technical
expertise, and services to help its clients utilize technology to
compete in the global marketplace.
Exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team that provides
consulting services for and IT solutions to Hawaii businesses!
Pacxa is looking for an experienced Senior Developer to be
responsible for software code development on projects and
supporting various development tasks. The Senior Developer duties
include writing code, analyzing data, integration with OEM
applications, documentation, and contributing to the design and
implementation of software. To be successful, the Senior Developer
must be team oriented, able to identify high-level functional and
technical requirements, interact with project managers to plan
project schedules, provide quality assurance review, and be willing
to learn new technologies.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in an IT related discipline
- 5-7 years of relevant software development experience including
2 years of integration with OEM applications.
- Required experience with software development methodologies
from waterfall to agile. Experience in Scrum implementations is
- Demonstrated strong organizational and interpersonal
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated documentation skills
- Required experience in software design including library and
component reuse as well as industry standard design patterns
including MVC or applicable alternatives.
with Python, PHP, JQuery, Spring and GWT is preferred.
- Required experience with application integration using Web
Services and REST.
- Experience with SQL utilizing Oracle, MySQL and/or
- Prefer experience with operating in a Linux environment.
- Ability to create and maintain design and operations
- Experience in high scalability projects involving cloud-based
infrastructure design and implementation.
- Ability to use version control software such as GIT and CI/CD
pipelines for application deployments.
- Willingness to expand development skills to support additional
products and solutions as needed.
- Equivalent amount of education, experience and/or training will
Department Training & Benefits:
- Training and Professional development highly encouraged
- Paid time for individual training and/or projects throughout
- Other professional development opportunities (such as
conferences and seminars)
Pacxa's Work Environment (Remote and/or in Honolulu):
- Quiet, relaxed & collaborative workspaces
- Working with other intelligent and motivated team members
Benefits & Compensation:
Pacxa offers full-time employees medical, vision, dental, life,
and disability insurance, as well as a 401k plan with employer
The Senior Developer position pays an annual base salary of
$75,000 - $85,000, based on experience.
Mainland candidates with ties to Hawaii and seeking
opportunities on Oahu are welcome to apply. Submit your resume,
cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pacxa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.