Munitions Response Project Manager
Company: Weston Solutions Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Weston is seeking a Federal Project Manager to support our
rapidly growing munitions response business line and related
fields. Weston holds more than $1 billion worth of Department of
Defense prime contract capacity for Military Munitions Response
Program and Range Services with United States Army Corps of
Engineers Baltimore District, Omaha District and Huntsville Center
and other agencies. As a leader in the munitions response industry,
Weston maintains a diverse self-perform capability and
technological mindset proven by our pursuit of advanced geophysical
The Federal Project Manager leads MMRP, Environmental and
Remediation projects with a well-defined scope and collaborates
with 2 to 3 major stakeholders. The stakeholders typically include
the client (Government- DoD), the Weston project team and
subcontractors. The Project Manager assembles the project team and
manages the project scope; schedule and budget to ensure Weston's
commitments and financial goals are met. In addition, the Project
Manager candidate will contribute 25%-50% of his/her time to
business development endeavors primarily including the proposal
creation process within the MMRP and Range Services arena. In
particular, the candidate will contribute to the technical
assessment, costing, scheduling, and profitability planning
portions of the proposal process.
Locations: (Lakewood, CO) (Helena, MT) (Tempe, AZ) (Walnut
Creek, CA) (Honolulu, HI)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, environmental
engineering, geology, or environmental science related degree from
an accredited university.
- Six (6) or more years of related munitions response experience
with supporting experience in the field of remedial consulting
including soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, and vapor
intrusion with an emphasis on Federal Projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams with projects of
moderate size, scope, and complexity.
- Promotes relationships between Weston team members and client
- Superior communication skills (both written and verbal) and
ability to listen to internal team as well as clients to learn and
understand their needs.
- Able to successfully engage with and lead a geographically
- Creates a positive work environment based on team connections
and open communication.
- Creates personal high-quality connections with clients and
- Can react effectively to changing conditions and collaborates
- Have a basic understanding of Risk Management and the ability
to identify and monetize potential project risks.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A Professional Engineer (P.E.) license, Professional Geologist
(P.G.), Project Management Professional (PMP) or other like
registration is preferred.
- Experience working Department of Defense clients.
- Builds connections with major stakeholders to achieve project
- Develops an understanding of stakeholder organizations to
ensure successful partnering.
- Identifies team and individual strengths to fulfill project
goals and develop new leaders.
- Resolves stakeholder and team conflicts with support from the
Weston project team.
- Proposal estimating and technical response for task order and
IDIQ contract vehicle proposals.
- Client engagement and identification of follow-on
- Leads efforts to drive project underruns, identify project risk
and risk mitigation.
- Manages project teams by clearly communicating expectations for
project requirements, scope, schedule, and budget. Clearly
communicates changes or issues up to management in a timely
- Generally, manages projects that are moderate in scope with
multiple subcontractors and internal team members. Provide
leadership in planning, executing, monitoring, and problem solving
on medium to large size munitions projects.
- Identifies project management talent on projects and encourages
their development and empowerment.
- Enables team members to be successful through effective
communication of goals and reinforcing goal achievement.
- Communicates with and aligns team with scope of work.
- Management and communication of project changes with the client
and the project team.
- Meets planned project profitability and metrics (NIBT, profit
margins, DSO, etc.) on projects.
- Uses project support team capabilities when needed.
- Effectively manages quality and H&S.
- Strong change management and scope control skills.
- Manages project to execute within approved budgets.
- Able to understand and articulate project scope based upon RFP
- Proactive identification of project issues and development of
options for corrective action.
- Timely and accurate submittal of invoices. Monitoring and
reporting of the status of accounts receivable and implements
appropriate action on overdue accounts.
- Compliance with Weston purchasing and subcontracting
Keywords: Weston Solutions Inc., Honolulu , Munitions Response Project Manager, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!