Senior Network Engineer
Company: World Wide Technology
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives
to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our
world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing
cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its
mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great
place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration,
get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering
some of the most advanced technology solutions for our
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We
employ over 7,000 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in
revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values
are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to
announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to
Work For" list for the tenth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come
together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are
looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to join our team within
Infrastructure Services (IS).
Why should you join Infrastructure Services?
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be working on exciting
infrastructure driven projects for Fortune 500 customers across all
verticals. Our global infrastructure planning and deployment
services deliver thousands of projects each year. From employing
our methodologies at hundreds of sites to leveraging complete
enterprise design services, customers trust our infrastructure
experts to assess the technology they have today and design the
solutions they need for tomorrow.
What will you be doing?
The Senior Network Engineer's role is to ensure that
WWT/industry best practices and methodologies are applied to
design, deployment and operations of core route/switch and data
center networks. This individual provides technical guidance and
leadership to the customer and project engineering team and ensures
project timelines are being met. They will be the technical point
of contact for the customer and provide design, migration, and
- Responsible for the delivery of network planning, design,
implementation & optimization services as a post sales consultant
to WWT's Commercial Enterprise clients.
- Lead the delivery of network solutions including routers,
switches, firewalls, load balancers and other network hardware
- Create Low Level and High-Level design of enterprise networks
utilizing industry best practices and best of breed network
- Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware, and
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and
troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software, and
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and
standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking
- Must have at least 5 years of experience designing, deploying,
and implementing core route/switch and/or data center
- Nokia Service Provider and/or Enterprise experience required
(7705, 7250, 7750).
- Cisco Enterprise Network experience required (Catalyst/Nexus
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, DMVPN,
WAAS and MPLS).
- Strong knowledge of IP communication and routing is required
(OSPF, EIGRP, BGP). Experience with inter-company routing is
- Experience logical design models (L2/L3, VPC, VDC, Datacenter
Zones, Spanning tree, VRF, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
- Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS,
PfR, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP,
SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec,
- SD-WAN implementation and migration experience is a plus.
- Configuration management of networking devices using automation
tools (APIC-EM, Cisco Prime, Nokia) and API scripting with Python
- Certifications in Nokia NRS II and/or CCNP R&S
- Cisco partner post sales consulting experience strongly
- Cisco Meraki experience is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with Nexus 9K and ACI is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience F5 load balancing, Palo Alto
technologies, Cisco UCS, or Cisco MDS is a plus.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
with the ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure
- Strong customer service orientation with proven analytical and
- Related degree in computer science or electrical engineering
and/or five years equivalent network engineering experience.
- Up to 25-50% regional travel
Want to learn more about Infrastructure Services? Check us out
on our platform: WWT Infrastructure Services
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes
to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the
following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Health, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite
Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan
with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave,
Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal,
Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at
WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks
and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to
Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently
Keywords: World Wide Technology, Honolulu , Senior Network Engineer, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!