Full Stack Developer
Company: Wall Studios
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Wall-to-Wall Studios Inc. (W|W) is seeking a full stack web
developer to join our Honolulu Office who wants to work alongside a
passionate team of developers, designers and strategists to produce
great digital experiences for a diverse set of clients. This is a
position for those enthusiastic and curious about all things
digital, and who are always looking for a better way to do things.
(Sorry, no relocation package is provided.)
We're looking for candidates with a proven ability to bring
creative ideas to life through code, and 2-3 years experience
(preferably in an agency or studio environment).
- You are current in your practice. You keep up with the latest
trends in technology, user interfaces and web development.
- You work best with others. You do your best work when working
with a multidisciplinary team to bring great things to life.
- You're a clear communicator. You can convey your ideas clearly
(both written and spoken), especially to non-technical
- You want to grow. You're always learning something new. You
look for opportunities and welcome feedback.
- You're flexible. You can handle ambiguity. You can learn new
things to deliver on a project. You deal well with changing scopes
and project goals.
- You're a problem solver. You relish in finding sustainable
solutions to real-world problems that help businesses and
organizations meet their goals. You're invested in the
What would a day in this role look like?
When developing new projects, you'll find yourself working with
static sites. Employing the latest industry technologies and
practices allows us to move quickly and efficiently. In addition to
coding websites, you will also be part of the planning and problem
solving stages of new projects. Working closely with designers and
evaluating new practices is a core part of this role.
You will also be supporting older projects using technologies
from the last decade. You will be working with older Ruby on Rails
and WordPress projects using technologies like Sass, Gulp, and
jQuery. In this role, troubleshooting skills and
learning-on-the-fly will be important.
- CSS3/CSS Preprocessors
- JS Frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- Responsive Web Design
- Translate bespoke design assets to their web
- QA experience, attention to detail, bug issue creation
- Package Managers (npm, yarn)
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards
- Git, GitHub
- Experience integrating with CMSs (WordPress, Prismic, Craft,
Don't worry, you don't need to know all or any of these items to
be considered. But you must be willing to learn.
- Web tooling experience (Webpack, Gulp, rake, etc.)
- Ruby on Rails or similar MVC/OOP experience
- Familiarity with design systems and component-based design
(pattern libraries, front-end style guides)
- Experience working with headless CMSs (Prismic, Contentful,
- Experience integrating with APIs
Send us your GitHub and/or link to your portfolio. And - don't
phone it in on the cover letter. Please help us understand why you
are a good fit for W|W.
Founded in 1992, W|W is an insight-driven studio that believes
in the power of design to elevate brands through strategic
identities, immersive digital experiences and integrated campaigns.
With offices in Pittsburgh, PA and Honolulu, HI W|W maintains a
diverse clientele; working with both local and national entities,
ranging in size from regional nonprofits to Fortune 500 publicly
We're always interested in meeting creative, smart, talented,
dedicated team players with a sense of humor. (Hey... maybe that's
you.) Good luck.
Wall-to-Wall Studios, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer
Keywords: Wall Studios, Honolulu , Full Stack Developer, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!