Analytic Tool Support Software Engineer
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and
extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds
leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise
IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national
security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and
secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government
agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian,
health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000
employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges
facing our customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
As a government contractor, Peraton abides by the following
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not
otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the
disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b)
in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action,
including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c)
consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
- Seven years experience as a software engineer, in programs and
contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with
similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelors
- Demonstrated ability to perform system administration,
programming and database development duties.
- Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines and customer
- Ability to work independently and on a team consisting of other
contractor and government personnel.
- Demonstrated expertise at software engineering process
development, documentation and deployment for complex systems.
- Demonstrated ability to document results and distribute
information in a well-presented format.
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language,
including C#, Java, or Python.
- Knowledge of software development and object-oriented
- Experience with SQL Server or another relational database.
- Experience with of any the following technologies, languages,
or frameworks: C#, Entity Framework, ASP.NET MVC, IIS, HTML/5,
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Experience with IC industry customer, architecture, processes
- Mission Systems Engineering entailing developing CONOPS,
Functional requirements, workflows, use cases, and secure
operational test matrices.
- Knowledge of system migration planning and understanding of
Agile development methodology.
- Application server management (IIS, Apache); JSON/XML parsing;
analytics/technologies, scripting languages; HADOOP, ACCUMULO and
- Experience creating RESTful Services; web development (e.g.,
Visual Studio, ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS, JQuery BackboneJS;
Relational Database (e.g., SQL Server 2012 or later preferred)
- Software source control (git)
- Working familiarity with the following COTS products: HP
Service Manager, MS SharePoint
- Experience with ETL, SSIS, indexing
- Experience with making data available through micro services
This Software Engineer position will provide software and database
development for the sustainment of site System Engineering tools.
Solutions are prototyped as local solutions, but are general enough
to be adapted to enterprise level. The person will be working
within the Hawaii Systems Engineering team for Data Analytics,
ensuring integration activities comply with enterprise architecture
objectives and user requirements. This task will be supported with
- Candidates will be supporting Systems Engineering, Systems
Administration, software programming, database development, and
protection of PII information responsibilities/activities using
- Candidate will be responsible for developing front-end and
back-end web applications. Performing data analytics, cloud
analytics, database administration, and server administration in
order to characterize the enterprise IT baseline and assist with
enterprise configuration management, workspace planning, and outage
- Candidate will be responsible for demonstrating capabilities to
potential customers, rapid prototyping, acquiring necessary data
sources, integrating new data sources into database and
application, iterate, automate, and scale capabilities to other
- Candidate will be responsible for building packages to extract,
transform, and load data sets consumed from cloud analytics, REST
APIs, and database connections. Perform data analysis to improve
correlation between disparate data sets. Create analytics to
normalize and improve outage impact assessments.
- Candidates will be responsible for answering crucial data calls
from key decision makers by mining many current data sources,
filtering data, creating pivot tables, and summarizing
- Candidate will be responsible for conducting data mining,
normalization, and analysis.
- Candidate will be responsible for designing ways to enrich web
tool reports and cloud analytic results with additional key data
- Maintain data model and systems interface documentation.
Keywords: Perspecta, Honolulu , Analytic Tool Support Software Engineer, Other , Kunia, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!