Personal Banker, Retail Banking (Kaimuki, HI)
Company: HomeStreet, Inc
Posted on: June 13, 2021
EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be
considered in accordance with legal requirements.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for acquisition, retention and
expansion of new and existing customer relationships. The Personal
Banker provides exceptional service by taking ownership of the
customer experience from introducing the customer to HomeStreet
Bank through profiling, assessing their banking and borrowing
needs, and recommending appropriate products based on a thorough
knowledge of HomeStreet products and services. This position builds
a profile of each customer and maintains frequent personal, phone
or email contact in an effort to grow and deepen customer
- Effectively interview and profile customers in order to
recommend appropriate banking products and services.
- Proactively offers ideas and solutions to help customers
recognize possibilities and strategies that will help them build
and strengthen their financial position.
- Proactively identify and retain "at risk" customers.
- Strategically utilize advertising leads, MCIF lists, personal
contacts, referrals from the Bank and branch customer base to build
a book of business through deposit generation.
- Effectively partner with other business lines within the Bank
to identify sales opportunities and provide an outstanding customer
- Open and close all consumer and businesses products.
- Process complex transactions including: changing account
ownership, living trusts, guardianship accounts, and estate
- Originate consumer loans, act as a customer advocate to ensure
prompt processing of consumer loans.
- Complete new customer profiles each week and update current
customer profiles weekly.*
- Make referrals to the Branch and District Managers or to
business partners in other business lines within the company as
- In conjunction with the Manager, makes business development
calls each month as assigned.
- May conduct offsite presentations such as Financial Literacy
Seminars and Bank at Work presentations to build branch consumer
and business customer base
- May lead branch and district sales campaigns
- May have other Business Development activities assigned as
- The actual number of completed profiles and outside business
development calls may vary from branch to branch, based on the
expectations of the manager.
- Set an example for the CSR staff in the area of customer
service and customer advocacy.
- Perform teller duties as required.
- Actively listen to customers, and maintain a friendly,
positive, professional attitude. Resolve difficult situations with
creativity, tact and diplomacy.
- Support branch lobby management
- Conduct care calls with existing consumer and business clients
to ensure customer satisfaction
Other Job Responsibilities
- Maintain a complete understanding of products, services and the
Bank's business-customer acquisition strategy.
- Monitors personal weekly/monthly sales efforts, ensuring sales
targets and results are achieved.
- May partner with leadership to mentor and coach CSR staff to
enhance their sales skills.
- Participates in branch events/sponsorships and is involved with
groups and organizations within the community.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree in
business related field preferred.
- 3 years of experience in customer service, sales or banking
experience required. Sales experience in the banking or financial
- Local travel required. Valid driver's license, vehicle, and
liability insurance are required.
- Demonstrated sales experience with proven results including
diverse customer profiles and complex needs
- Ability to identify client needs, present banking solutions and
bank products. Recognize closing opportunities and retain and grow
customer relationships. Ability to initiate customer contact
through letters, email, telephone or personal contact.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to encourage open communication by listening
attentively and actively. Excellent business writing skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment. Ability to work
quickly and accurately, to analyze information and make
- Excellent multi-tasking skills. Ability to prioritize and
perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.
Mental and Physical Considerations:
- Able to operate a Personal Computer and view information on a
- Must be able to sit for many hours each day.
- Must be able to communicate via telephone and possess dexterity
to include filing document, reaching and bending.
- May be required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 10 pounds
- Ability to speak and understand English and express ideas and
have difficult conversation in person and over the telephone
- Ability to listen and comprehend speech.
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions, interpret data and
information, read, write and organize information in an orderly
- Willing and able to travel occasionally as needed.
- Ability to operate teller and office equipment including
computers, adding machines, telephones, typewriters, copy machines,
fax machines, electronic credit card authorization terminals, and
- Normal business office environment.
- Ability to work in artificial light for extended periods of
This Position Description may not be limited to the Functions
and Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example,
changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual
performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements
of this position.
Retail Banking (Sales)
Keywords: HomeStreet, Inc, Honolulu , Personal Banker, Retail Banking (Kaimuki, HI), Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!