Director, Corporate Quality & Safety Assurance
Company: Hawaiian Airlines Inc
Posted on: June 13, 2021
At Hawaiian Airlines, we are all about welcoming our guests with
Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our
home and the communities we serve. Join our 'ohana and be a part of
an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama'ina
and introducing our islands to the world!
The Director, Corporate Quality & Safety Assurance oversees the
continuous audits of HA operations, safety and security, and
maintenance activities. The Director ensures that Hawaiian Airlines
operates in accordance with regulatory, customer, and company
requirements through the performance of independent, internal
audits that are validated and managed by the Corporate Quality &
Safety Assurance Program. The focus is to continuously improve the
safety, quality, security, compliance, and efficiency of the
- Provides effective leadership and management of Quality &
Safety Assurance Program employees and processes.
- Develop and conduct audit programs for all aspects of corporate
safety and security, including all major departments and functions,
for compliance with FAA /DOD./ Code Share, DOT, IATA, and other
regulatory agencies, and company policies and procedures. Publish
formal audit reports; follow-up on corrective actions.
- Responds to special evaluation requests from senior
- Liaison with Maintenance and Engineering; attend MRRB, CASS,
ETOPS meetings. Work with Quality & Safety Assurance auditors to
maintain the Corporate Quality & Safety Assurance Program.
- Develop, revise and maintain the Corporate Quality & Safety
Assurance Program manual currency through regular review and
assessment of industry best practices
- Identifies significant findings and recommendations to senior
- Manages facilitation of corrective action plans.
- Serve as FAA audit liaison; prepare company for FAA audits,
perform pre-audit reviews, accompany FAA representatives during
audits, publish internal reports of findings and corrective
actions, and follow-up on those actions.
- Develop and maintain ETOPS audit program for FAA compliance;
conduct audits of ETOPS program -Line maintenance, Engineering,
Maintenance Quality Assurance, Dispatch, Maintenance Control,
- Serve as DOD audit liaison; prepare company for audits, conduct
pre-audit visit to U.S. TRANSCOM & reviews, accompany DoD auditor
during formal audit, publish internal report of findings and
corrective actions, and conduct follow-up.
- Oversee the compliance of the following programs, their
policies and procedures, training and intiatives to ensure
compliance with federal and state requirements (FAA, EPA,
- Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) /Dangerous Goods (DG)
- Environmental Safety
- Drug and Alcohol Compliance Programs
- Hearing Conservation Program
OSHA / HIOSH
- Facilitate the IATA Operational Safety audit process company
wide to continually assess the operational management and control
systems of the company, and prepare the company for Develop and
maintain department budget. Monitor variances on monthly basis.
Meet with Finance as required.
- Possess an FAA airmen certificate and a relevant
undergraduate/graduate degree. Have formal auditing skills relevant
to airline operations. Have a working knowledge of IOSA and SMS
principles/applications to commercial aviation
- Have a minimum of ten years aviation experience, preferably in
14CFR Part 121 air carrier operations, but other experience, such
as 14CFR Part 145 or military aviation, will be considered.
Experience may be flight or technical operations or a combination
- Be an experienced manager with proven leadership skills. Posses
the ability to lead Hawaiian Airline's Internal Evaluation and
Quality & Safety Assurance efforts to attain full compliance with
Regulatory standards governing commercial air operations; be
cognizant of IEP guidance outlined in the FAA Advisory Circular,
DOD regulations, and IATA standards
- Have the ability to develop auditing tools required to perform
both in-house and external vendor audits. Provide written,
electronic and/or oral presentations to senior leadership in a
succinct and logical manner
- Be experienced with air carrier quality and technical
audit/inspection systems. Should possess training and/or experience
in recognized quality management auditing, systems analysis, and
risk assessment, as well as technical inspection principles and
- Have the ability to provide continuous monitoring of
organizational performance using internal evaluation program
processes designed with the following objectives: assess conformity
with internal and interagency requirements; measure the
effectiveness of safety risk controls; monitor products and
services received from vendors and contractors; assess the HA
system and process performance; and identify/mitigate hazards and
- Working knowledge of OSHA/HIOSH regulations. CALOSH preferred,
Hazmat / Dangerous Goods, and Environmental regulations.
- Experience and knowledge of safety databases and data
- Excellent communication skills, computer and people skills
- Demonstrates good investigative skills, be able to determine
root cause, and be able to write reports to Executive
- Strong ability to understand and document complex operational
processes, to include effectively scoping audit projects and
contributing to audit
- Knowledge of Drug and Alcohol Program
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an AOA badge.
- Must be able to travel to both domestic and international
locations; passport required
- Possess a FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate, FAA
Commercial Pilot Certificate, or Dispatcher License
- Knowledge of ICAO, EASA, and CAA regulations desired.
- Formal training as an auditor
Supervisory or management experience and demonstrate excellent
communication and facilitation skills.
All applicants are advised that post-offer and/or pre-employment
drug testing will be conducted, and they must successfully pass the
drug test. Failure to submit to testing or positive indications of
drug use will render the applicant ineligible for employment with
Hawaiian Airlines and any employment offer will be withdrawn.
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for
each of the past 17 years (2004-2020) as reported by the U.S.
Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by Cond Nast
Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian
among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai'i.
Now in its 92nd year of continuous service, Hawaiian is
Hawai'i's biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers
nonstop flights within the Hawaiian Islands, between Hawai'i and
more U.S. gateway cities (16) than any other airline, as well as
service connecting the islands with Japan and South Korea. As a
result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Hawaiian has temporarily suspended
service in Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti.
The airline is committed to the health and safety of its guests
and employees and has reinforced enhanced cleaning procedures
across its business. While the experience may be a little
different, the authentic Hawaiian hospitality remains unchanged.
Additional details on how Hawaiian is keeping guests and employees
safe can be found at HawaiianAirlines.com/KeepingYouSafe.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings,
Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at
HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian's Twitter updates
(@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and
follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and
updates, follow Hawaiian's LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines' online
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
- Contact Us
- Help Center
- All Fees
- Guests with Disabilities
- Contract of Carriage
- Customer Service Plan
- Tarmac Delay Plan
- Investor Relations
- Shop Our Store
Visit us on Facebook Visit us on Twitter Visit us on YouTube
Hawaiian Airlines. All Rights Reserved
Keywords: Hawaiian Airlines Inc, Honolulu , Director, Corporate Quality & Safety Assurance, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!