Director of Engineering
Company: Marriott International
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Posting Date Apr 22, 2021
Job Number 21036939
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location The Ritz-Carlton Residences Waikiki Beach, 383
Kalaimoku Street, Waikiki, Hawaii, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The
Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional
that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with
them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we
set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world
over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Provides a high level of property maintenance knowledge.
Position has overall responsibility for maintaining the building,
grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards
safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the
budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and
energy conservation. Develops and implements strategies that will
deliver products and services, which meet or exceed the needs and
expectations of guests and employees while maximizing the financial
performance. Responsible for maintaining standards and regulatory
requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the
engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical
training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and
Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 4 years
experience in the engineering and maintenance or related
professional area; technical training in
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
- Works with property and regional engineering leadership team to
determine how Engineering is performing against budget and
highlights areas of concern to leadership.
- Manages the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration,
HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems in
accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Administers service contracts to support property needs.
- Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures,
equipment and alarms.
- Coaches and supports engineering leadership team to effectively
manage controllable expenses (e.g., wages, heat, light and power,
water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies,
uniforms, vendors, service agreements, inventory, etc.).
- Manages and controls heat, light and power.
- Develops an engineering operating strategy that is aligned with
the property/brand's business strategy.
- Develops and manages Engineering budget.
- Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
- Oversees execution of long term preventative maintenance and 10
year asset protection plans.
- Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how
Engineering is performing against budget.
- Addresses potential areas of concern and proposing solutions to
owners in a proactive manner.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding
departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Supervises construction to ensure timely completion of projects
within budgetary guidelines.
Maintaining Engineering Standards
- Ensures compliance with state, local and federal
- Maintains property life safety systems (e.g., fire fighting
equipment, sprinkler systems, and alarm systems).
- Ensures building and equipment licenses, permits and
certifications are current.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating
statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
- Monitors and manages the payroll function.
- Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed
- Participates in the development of department's capital
expenditure goals; manages projects as needed.
- Participates in the budgeting process for areas of
- Prepares weekly and period end P&L critiques.
- Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall
property financial goals; educates staff on details as
- Reviews and manages controllable expenses such as, heat, light,
power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping
supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, etc.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed
according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and
LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Utilizes employee feedback and an "open door" policy to
identify and address employee problems or concerns in a timely
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions
of team members.
- Resolves guest problems and complaints.
- Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as
- Ensures that regular on-going communication takes place
throughout the engineering operation to communicate daily
operations activities, set expectations and create awareness of
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We
believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, Honolulu , Director of Engineering, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!