The Store Manager In Training (SMIT) job is a development
focused role that is crafted to prepare you for a CVS Store Manager
The SMIT program is designed to enhance your career as a future
store leader. We support your development towards the store manager
role by participating in a self-paced, collaborative training over
the span of 16 weeks.
We provide both virtual and hands on learning experiences to
develop you as a leader. Our team of people, that support your
growth toward your leadership career include: your District Leader,
Human Resources Business Partner, Training Store Manager, and your
Store Manager coach.
Some of the skills needed for this role are:
- Communicate well verbally and in writing to support and lead
- Perform customer care duties to provide high levels of
- Execute merchandising strategies to support store sales
- Manage the store inventory and assets to maintain
We are invested in your growth and anticipate that you will be
as well. We expect our SMIT's to:
- Actively engage with your leader in Key Learning Experiences to
support you on your path to promotion during the structured
- Support your store as management team member and lead in a
manner that is consistent with CVS values and policies.
- Engage your colleagues in support of the company's purpose of
"helping people on their path to better health."
- Be willing to accept promotion roles with the market that you
Selection for the SMIT position does not guarantee promotion
into a Store Manager position. Whether and when you are actually
promoted to Store Manager is dependent on a variety of factors,
including but not limited to performance and availability of
- Willingness to accept a promotion to Store Manager role at any
location in the designated market.
- Ability to transfer to other CVS Pharmacy stores located within
the designated market.
- Ability to work a schedule that may vary based on business
- High School diploma or GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Retail management experience, or experience as a CVS
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people
on their path to better health. We are working to transform health
care through innovations that make quality care more accessible,
easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together
and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new
approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity,
inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate
in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or
characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local
law. We proudly support and encourage people with military
experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as
well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job