Outlet Attendant (On-Call)
Company: Highgate Hotels
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The all-new, vibrant 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach blends
indoor and outdoor luxury to elevate the experience of Oahu
resorts. Every space has been envisioned by award-winning design
firm, Rockwell Group. Fresh, welcoming and relaxing, it's an oasis
of tranquility in the heart of Waikiki.
Experience our spacious, welcoming lobby and captivating 280,000
gallon Oceanarium unique to Honolulu resorts. Coming soon, the
destination pool deck with private cabanas will offer a saltwater
infinity pool, a shallow-water pool and club for kids, and a pool
bar that seamlessly transitions from day to night. With a location
steps from Waikiki Beach, it's where Hawaii vacations turn moments
Our resort is proudly named in honor of Queen Lili'uokalani, the
last reigning monarch of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Beloved by her
people, she was a music composer, an author and an ardent supporter
of her culture. Her spirit is infused into the resort, which shares
the same privileged location as her beachside home Ke'alohilani,
meaning the royal brightness. Welcome to a fresh perspective on
resorts in Waikiki. 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach.
The Outlet Attendant is expected to provide timely, courteous
service, with guest satisfaction as the primary goal. He/she is
responsible for promotion of specials, and up selling guests to
signature and premium wines, beer, and spirits. The Cocktail &
Lounge server is also responsible for setting up their stations
including opening, running, and closing-sidework. He/she must have
an indepth knowledge of all standard mixed drinks, shots, beers,
wines, different levels of spirits, and any other beverage
available at the bar. As a Cocktail & Lounge server, you are
responsible for the entire room and shall serve any person who is
looking to be served, even if an assigned section is your primary
focus. This individual must be a team player and willing to work
well with others.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Complete opening/closing checklist and side duties according to
standards and assigned schedule.
- Welcome guests, take their drink orders relay order to
bartender, properly and effectively use a POS sytem, process
orders, deliver orders to guest and receive payment for
- Responsible for promotion of specials and up selling.
- Serve food and beverages in accordance to departmental
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of all standard mixed drinks,
shots, beer, wine, different levels of spirits, and any other
beverage available at the bar.
- Have knowledge of which garnishes go in each drink.
- Have knowledge of the correct glassware to be used for each
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the entire food menu, including
allergens and options for guests with dietary restrictions.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area in accordance to
- Responsible for promotion of specials and up selling.
- Processing credit card and room charges.
- Clear and clean tables throughout service and when guests
leave; proactively collect glasses to be washed.
- Keep lounge area clean and free from debris at all times.
- Follow all cash handling policies, and prepare closing report
for night audit.
- Full knowledge and adherence to all state and city and county
- Assist bartender with set-up and execution of any additional
programming in the bar, lounge, or pool deck.
- Assisting with the delivery of in-room guest amenities.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to
local state laws
- Minimum of 2 years of high volume cocktail or full restaurant
- Must obtain a Liquor Comission Card prior to first day of
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Have the ability to pass recipe and alcohol knowledge tests
with a 90% score or above on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis for
training and ongoing general product knowledge.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with Food and Beverage Departmental Standards at all
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Honolulu , Outlet Attendant (On-Call), Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!