Company: Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc.
Location: Pearl Harbor
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Epsilon Systems Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a full-time
Estimator I in Honolulu, HI.
Summary: Performs a wide variety of complex planning activities
required to attain awarded projects and to meet production
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews engineering plans and product specifications to
determine material requirements in support of repair, fabrication,
and/or modernization projects.
- Considers all specified references including applicable NAVSEA
Standard Items in the formulation of estimates.
- Conducts site visits to ensure the full scope of the project is
understood before estimating subcontractor, labor and material
- Partners with Trade Foreman and other personnel as required to
- Estimates or determines the material cost via vendors or other
- Solicits and compares proposals from qualified Subcontractors
for labor, material and ODC requirements.
- Prepares cost and expenditure statements and other necessary
documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the
- Assesses cost effectiveness of products, projects or services,
tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project
- Sets up cost monitoring and reporting systems and
- Reviews material and labor requirements to decide whether it is
more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Works with Purchasing to obtain and schedule materials based on
- Estimates the labor requirements by trade based on engineering
plans and product specifications to determine material requirements
in support of repair, fabrication, and/or modernization
- Factors in QA and Project Management requirements in the labor
- Provides estimates in the format required by the contracts
- Reviews manufacturing parts lists and drawing trees for
- Prepares and maintains historical records to support price
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in a business-related field or equivalent
experience in labor and material estimating.
- Minimum 2 years of estimating or related experience.
- Limited knowledge of Navy Ship Repair industry practices and
- Knowledge of FAR/DFAR.
- Knowledgeable of raw materials, production processes, quality
control, costs, and other repair techniques for maximizing the
accuracy of the estimate.
- Knowledgeable of design techniques, tools, and principles
involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints,
drawings, and models.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and
applicable software and systems applications.
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and good
understanding of written materials and documents.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
- Good learning skills to understand the implications of new
information for both current and future problem-solving and
- Problem Solving skills to identify complex problems and
reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options, and
- Takes initiative to resolve problems.
- Able to apply basic principles, theories, and concepts.
- Able to listen to and understand information and ideas
presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Able to read and understand information and ideas presented in
- Able to communicate information and ideas orally and in writing
so others will understand.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce
answers that make sense.
- 3 years of experience estimating Navy ship repair and
modernization HM&E and CS projects.
- Frequent standing, sitting, walking, handling, feeling with
hands, reaching with arms.
- Prolonged use of computer, (typing, keyboarding, data
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Vision requirements include: close, distant, color perception,
peripheral, depth and ability to focus.
- Noise conditions range from very quiet to some noise.
Keywords: Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc., Honolulu , Estimator I, Other , Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!