Cashier (Part-time) @ The Modern
Company: Diamond Resorts International
Posted on: October 8, 2021
Under general supervision, the
Cashier is responsible to provide courteous and efficient customer
service through serving and preparing beverages and premade food
items to guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Warmly greets each customer in a
timely, courteous, and professional manner with "Aloha" and
"Mahalo” as appropriate.
- Takes food and beverage orders
accurately and maintains a current knowledge of all products
offered, how they are to be prepared, and their
- Prepares and serves beverages
(i.e. coffee, tea, juices, smoothies, etc.) and other prepared food
items for guests.
- Ensures that presentation of all
beverages and food items follows department guidelines and
- Completes all opening and closing
side-work to maintain cleanliness, sanitation, organization, and a
pleasant environment; including tables, service areas, and
the outlet itself. Obtains manager sign-off on completed
- Maintains a working knowledge of
the Point of Sale (POS) system, inputs orders, prints out checks,
closes checks, and provides checks to guests in a timely manner.
Ensures all transactions in the POS system are
- Follows established payment and
cash handling procedures.?????
- Answers the telephone within
three (3) rings, promptly checks voicemail when busy.
- Demonstrates positive, courteous,
upbeat, and professional communication skills, as well as body
language and eye contact to ensure excellent outcomes in the
guests’ overall culinary and customer service
- Makes recommendations for
upselling of items.
- Extends a courteous and friendly
"Mahalo" to all guests, thanking them for dining and inviting them
- Transports ice daily from the
kitchen to outlet for making drinks and shave ice.
- Expedites food for take-out
- Re-stocks food outlet supplies
from beverage and kitchen storerooms daily.
- Obtains daily bank from the
General Cashier upon arrival to shift.
- Obtains manager sign-off on daily
sales and cash drop at each closing shift.
- Drops daily sales and secure bank
in locked safe box at Front Desk.
- Operates and cleans equipment
such as coffee machine, shave ice machine, etc.
- Ensures that sanitation and
hygiene standards are monitored and maintained.
- Maintains outlet inventory
throughout the day.
- Maintains accurate recordkeeping
on the coffee time table log per established standards.
- Completes all required Company
trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and
maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as
- High School Diploma or
- A minimum one (1) year of
experience in the hospitality-food and beverage field
- No supervisory experience
- This position does not include
any supervisory responsibilities.
- Health Card - must be
- Food Handler’s Card - must be
This position requires the capability
to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well
as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office
practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with
others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working
relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external
Specific skills and abilities
include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be able to write
- Must be able to concentrate and
use good judgment in preparing beverages and other food for
- Must be able to work well in a
team environment with coworkers and managers.
- Must be able to priortize and
manage time to exceed guest expectations.
- Ability to listen carefully to
guests and take prompt action when there is a concern or
- Ability to organize and display
food items in an aesthetically pleasing manner while complying with
First-in, First out (FIFO) standards.
- Excellent customer service
- Proficient in time management;
the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and
effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation
and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a
cooperative working relation.
- Able to use sound judgment; work
independently, with minimal supervision.
- Able to perform a variety of
duties, often changing from one task to another of a different
nature, with impending deadlines and/or established
- Performs well with frequent
interruptions and/or distractions.
- Basic math skills.
Keywords: Diamond Resorts International, Honolulu , Cashier (Part-time) @ The Modern, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!