Network Operations Lead
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description Job Description:Leidos is looking to hire a Networks
Operations Lead in Camp Smith, HI to join our newly awarded SMIT
program.Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the
Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract.--
This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible
for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy
and Marine Corps.SMIT is the largest IT services program for the
Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport
portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone
of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity
services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its
shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and
service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts
under one enterprise network.Job DescriptionThe selected candidate
will oversee operation of network systems, architecture, and
topology through deployment and oversight of network operations
specialists. Other job duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all operating systems are adequate, functional, and
conform to operation security policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development and application of business
processes to ensure appropriate service levels.--
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for
- Participate in strategic network planning, steady state
operations planning, and development of contingency operation
- Plan and support injection of new technologies and
implementation of technology refresh.
- Confer with and advise administrators, user representatives,
and technical personnel regarding development and design of
integrated network solutions.
- Prepare recommendations based on monitoring results, tools
analyses, and forensics.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies
and procedures regarding network equipment, maintenance, and
- Prepare status reports.
- Schedule routine system maintenance, oversee application of
proactive cyber security measures, and manage reaction to network
- Develop and maintain system architecture and operational
- High School Diploma and a minimum of 6 years of relevant
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- Must possess an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network
support certification such as Cisco Certified Network Associate
(CCNA) Routing and Switching and/or an Operating System
(OS)/Application certification such as:Computing Technology
Industry Association (CompTIA) Network+Microsoft Technology
Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
(MCSA),Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
certification for Enterprise ServicesPreferred Qualifications:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching
certification highly preferredSMIT-MCENPay Range:
Keywords: Leidos, Honolulu , Network Operations Lead, Other , Aiea, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!