Project Scientist Or Geologist
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Project Scientist or GeologistThe Project Scientist provides
clients with accurate and pertinent scientific data according
toagreedupon methods, procedures, and techniques.Provides sound
conclusions and recommendations based upon field investigations and
literature reviews within the established project
- Scopes sections of proposals.Evaluates the type of work to be
performed, the location and frequency of sampling and the
estimation of manhours needed and available to perform the proposed
- Plans, coordinates, and Implements field samplingprograms
appropriate to the assigned projects.
- Functions as a field team lead for a crew size of 2-10
- Obtains all data as prescribed by the scope of work and
presents it in a logical, coherent manner.Prepares written reports,
- Conducts fieldtestsappropriate to the proper evaluation of
environmentalsamples (if applicable).
- Conducts literature searches to compile pertinent information
and evaluates and correlates the compiled literature to the
- As assigned, assists, reviews and/or evaluates on-going
projects in their specialty.
- Maintains a current knowledge of the recent works in the field
for application on existing and proposed projects.
- Recommends improvements in sampling techniques, laboratory
methods, and system design.
- Conducts specific phases (tasks, subtasks) for a project.
- Exercises judgment on applicability of methods and approaches
inuse, anddetermines novel and ingenious approaches to problem
solving when standard procedures are inadequate.
- Given results desired, determines best method of data
gathering, data base management, and analysis of data to achieve
- Provides technical expertise for, and assists in, preparation
of project proposals.
- Uses specialized knowledge in field of expertisegeology,
hydrology, chemistry,environmentalscience to answer questions, make
recommendations and draw conclusions concerning various
- On standardized projects within a specialty, assumes
responsibility for completion of all phases of project other than
those given to outside specialists.
- Consults with outside specialists to obtain most accurate and
timely data possible.Coordinates completion of work by outside
specialists to meet project specifications andtime tables.
- Maintains client contact to ensure satisfaction with technical
efforts during project execution.
- Prepares reports on methods and procedures as part of overall
project report, or asend productof project tasks and subtasks.
- Extracts,collatesand analyzes data from secondary sources to
meet project objectives.
- Produces quality samples and sampling techniques from which
sound scientific data can be drawn into relevant and pertinent
evaluation reports to the client's satisfaction.
- Provides completed projects including draft and final reports
within the established budget and schedule.
- Develops high level of current discipline expertise for
application to both current and future client workKnowledge, Skills
- BS or BA in engineering, geology, environmental science, or
natural sciences plus 5years experience.
- Data Management
- Training in and use of the scientific method
- Some personnel supervision
- Various exposure to technical and scientific procedures
- Decision making
- People skills for client contact and personnel management
- Great ability to be flexible and adaptable. About
Actalent:Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable
talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results
and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every
day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. Were
supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that
advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant
care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous
development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an
operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent
solutions.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Honolulu , Project Scientist Or Geologist, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!