Posted on: January 15, 2022
Company: US1074 Newport Meat Southern California, Inc.Zip
Code:92606Minimum Level of Education:High School or
EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:2 YearsEmployment Type:Full
TimeTravel Percentage: Up to 50%JOB SUMMARYThis position carries
out and achieves a sales plan assigned by the Sysco Specialty Meat
Group (SSMG) company. This individual achieves maximum sales
profitability, growth and account penetration with an assigned
territory by effectively selling the company s products. He/she
promote, sell, secures orders from existing and prospective
customers through a relationship approach. This role demonstrates
products and services to existing/potential customers and assists
them in selecting those best suited to their needs.BENEFITS
- SIGN ON BONUS (If offered)
- Monday Friday schedules available
- Competitive pay
- Ongoing job skills training, leadership development
- Career growth opportunities we promote from within!
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee discount programs
- Referral Bonus
- Safety programs
- Service recognitions and employee rewards
- Cross training opportunities
- More benefits, too many to nameRESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with
current customers and prospective customers in the assigned
territory to generate new business for the Sysco Specialty Meat
Group's (SSMG) products and services.
- Make in-person visits and presentations to existing and
- Taking customer orders with SSMG goals in mind: sales and
- Participate, review and oversee input of orders for customers
via communication with inside sales partners.
- React timely to customer problems and needs.
- Review daily out of stocks, shortages, transportations issues
and implement solutions quickly.
- Review, analyze and react to daily/weekly sales and margin
reports looking for improvement opportunities.
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services,
market conditions, competitive activities, trends and who the other
distributors/sales organizations are in your market.
- Participate in Sysco Specialty Meat Group (SSMG) training and
customer events. Participate in Sales meetings held by Sysco Sales
- Develop a relationship with accounts payable (A/P) contact at
- Participate and coordinate communication between them and SSMG
account receivable manager/representative.
- Implement Ask Early and Often to control days sales outstanding
(DSOs) and know signs to know when to say No Ship or Cash on
Delivery (COD) .
- Update bid files, customer profiles, and customer call sheets
to ensure proper pricing and accuracy of needed items-thus reducing
costly credits and returns.QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- High School diploma
- Preferred: 4-year degree in culinary arts, business, marketing,
agriculture/animal science or related studiesExperience
- 2-year prior food service and/or sales background strongly
- Deep expertise of meat and seafood category or
restaurant/culinary background with a shown capacity to quickly
learn and apply new knowledge.
- Consultative sales ability.
- Must be self motivated and accountable for time management
without constant supervisor direction.
- Exhibit strong customer relations skills and a sense of urgency
in meeting customer needs.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with MS Outlook.
DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITYMost important decisions made fully
- Approach to building relationships with
- Time and customer management.
- Customer pricing.
- Self-motivation.Most important decisions made with review and
approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the
- Sales strategy.
- Contract pricing and customer pricing.
- Authorizing credits and returns.ORGANIZATIONAL
- Sales VP, Director, or ManagerBENEFITS INFORMATION:For
information on Sysco s Benefits, please visit HOW WE PROTECT OUR
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We re
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
affiliates. Associated topics: branch manager, director of sales,
leader, sales director, sales executive, sales leader, sales
manager, shift lead, supervisor, territory manager
Keywords: SYSCO, Honolulu , Sales Representative, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!