Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: January 16, 2022
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT UPDATE: We have updated our
COVID-19 policy for new and existing employees. Deliver on your
commitment to total care. When you join our integrated health care
delivery system, you'll be a real part of our commitment to
preventative care. That's because we empower our teams to maximize
total health in mind, body, and spirit. Together, we work as one
for a healthier today and tomorrow. Anticipate key business,
marketplace and competitor dynamics in developing and implementing
strategies to optimize business results which include retention and
growth targets while mitigating risk. Primary focus is on
establishing the appropriate rate and conditions of offering to
achieve revenue, membership and margin goals. Additionally,
processes and policies are managed to support optimal customer
service while collaborating with Sales/Account Management partners
to optimize business opportunities and effective solutions.
- Partner with Sales and Account Management to create and execute
a business plan that optimizes our opportunities across book of
- Produce accurate quotes in compliance with Underwriting &
authority guidelines and state & federal laws for existing and
- Develop and execute account and/or book of business plans to
ensure attainment of goals with more focus on complex cases.
- Lead peer review including the most complex cases to ensure
accuracy & appropriateness of quote.
- Manage business processes and policies that support for all job
levels particularly in areas of rate actions, benefit structure,
customer engagements, etc.
- Meets established department turn around goals by balancing
- Recommend and implement new and existing policies, procedures,
- Recommend and implement continuous quality improvement
- Strategize with internal customers on implications of decisions
on business outcomes.
- Ensure Underwriting is an integral partner in the creation of
effective business solutions.
- Establish relationships with Sales/Account Management that
optimizes business potential with purchasers, brokers &
- Develop creative solutions that increase credibility with
customers & Sales/Account Management and external customers.
- Acquire & exhibit knowledge of the external business
environment to add value. Basic -Qualifications: Experience:
- Minimum four (4) years experience in rating, underwriting,
marketplace evaluations, and/or financial analysis in a managed
care environment. Education:
- Bachelors degree required in business administration, health
care administration, mathematics, statistics, or related degree OR
four (4) years of experience in rating, underwriting, marketplace
evaluations, and/or financial analysis in a managed care
environment. License, Certification, Registration:
- N/A Additional Requirements:
- Experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office
programs and use of client databases.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication
- Experience in interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion
- Experienced in meeting individual business objectives.
- Previous experience with employee group benefits.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to
articulate and respond to highly complex issues.
- Proficiency and understanding of underwriting processes,
healthcare products, and contracts.
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills. Preferred
- Experience in Large Group Underwriting.
- Five (5) years quantitative analysis experience. Primary
Location: Hawaii,Honolulu,Regional Admin Tower Scheduled Weekly
Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working
Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule:
Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee
Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01-NUE-Non Union Employee Job
Level: Individual Contributor Department: Po/Ho Corp - HP
PROD-Pricng & Underwriting - 7016 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is
an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Honolulu , Senior Underwriter, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!