GLUAU First Aid
Company: Germaine's Luau Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Germaine's Luau First AidDepartment: Germaine's LuauReports to:
Guest Services DirectorStatus: Non-Exempt
- Job Purpose/Objective:Responsible for welcoming guests,
employees, supervising all indoor and outdoor guest's activities,
providing privacy and safety while ensuring they feel our Aloha.
Able to answer questions as to the Luau's activities. Be vigilant
for all safety/security issues, correct and/or report all issues
immediately. Provide wellness checks for employees and guests.
Anticipates potential problems and reacts to disturbances and
prohibited conduct. Enforce all CDC and Roberts Hawaii Employee
Infectious Disease Control and Workplace Safety Guidelines.
Responds to emergency situations as needed. In addition to
maintaining our vision by adhering to our values, this position
must provide the highest level of service to our guests.
Essential Job Functions:Incumbent may perform any or all of the
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of
equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all
guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Always maintain positive guest relations.
- Be familiar with all Germaine's services/features and local
attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries
- Deal with all guests and fellow Germaine's team members with
respect and honesty.
- Provide wellness checks for employees and guests.
- Provide First Aid to employees and guests when necessary.
- Ensure that all reports regarding First Aid incidents are
- Ensure that the First Aid room is sufficiently stocked with 1st
Aid supplies and to report any shortages to the Luau Operations
- Coordinate, maintain, clean, and sanitize the First Aid room
and all equipment.
- Ensure that you always operate to the highest standards of
- To maintain current CPR and 1st Aid certifications.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization
of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete awareness of:
- scheduled group activities and house count.
- Germaine's facilities and services.
- hours of operation.
- fire and emergency plans.
- departmental rules of conduct.
- Work with outside agencies (i.e., police).
- Coordinate emergency situations.
- Contact the Director of Luau immediately for emergency
- Investigate duress alarms.
- Resolve safety hazard situations.
- Investigate suspicious persons on property.
- Conduct designated investigations into theft or lost items,
noise complaints, assault complaints, food poisoning complaints and
other guest complaints, complete documented reports.
- Respond to the scene of guest/employee accident promptly;
assist and administer with first aid/CPR; communicate specified
information to E.M.S./medical personnel as required.
- Report to scenes of guest or employee fighting.
- Document, organize and store all lost and found items, document
guest inquiries for lost items and coordinate return of lost items
- Comply with guest requests for storing and safekeeping of their
- Maintain confidentiality of all Germaine's Luau
reports/documents; release information only to authorized
- Answer the departmental telephone.
- Communicate by radio/cell with designated Luau personnel
- Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to
- Communicates with supervisor verbally and through written
communication throughout the shift to ensure proper notification
and follow through of assigned tasks.
- Maybe assigned other duties as needed by the Luau Manager on
Essential Skills (Minimum qualifications individual must possess
when entering position) - i.e. skillsets, education,
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Criminal-free record.
- Fluency in English both verbal and written.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Compute basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract,
multiply and divide numbers).
- Ability to:
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and
- prioritize, organize and follow up.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guest's service needs.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent
- Provide interdepartmental assistance upon request to ensure
optimum service to guests.
- Adept at understanding guest's service needs
- Clear thinker who can remain calm and resolve problems using
- Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, and
instills urgency in others.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the
department; willing and able to work evenings, weekends, and
- Working Conditions/Job Environment
Must be able to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of
- Job involves working:
- under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or
- under variable noise levels.
- around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- around dust and/or mite hazards.
- around chemicals.
- Walking, standing, kneeling bending, pulling, pushing
- Lifting and carrying (Up to 75 pounds)
- SupervisionDoes this position supervise other employees?
If no, does this position make work assignments and/or check the
work of others but without the supervisory responsibilities?
If yes, what positions:
If yes, what are the supervisory responsibilities?
The information on this description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in
this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of
employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to,
revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable
accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this
position.Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- CPR CertificationPreferred
Keywords: Germaine's Luau Inc, Honolulu , GLUAU First Aid, Other , Kapolei, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!