Integrated Project Team Lead
Company: Navatek LLC
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Copyright 2020 Martin Defense Group. All Rights Reserved. Job
Locations US-HI-Honolulu - US-MI-Ann Arbor - US-ME-Portland -
US-RI-South Kingstown - US-VA-Arlington ID 2022-1273 Category
Program/Project Management Type Full Time Overview Martin Defense
Group, a privately-owned defense contractor, is looking to add an
Integrated -Project Team (IPT) Lead to its technical family. The
incumbent will join a group of talented Engineers, Scientist, and
Innovators with tremendous top-side potential devoted to solving
novel technological problems with national defense implications in
the fields of Cybersecurity, Autonomy, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and
Naval Architecture among others. This position can be located in
our Honolulu, HI; South Kingstown, RI; or Arlington, VA offices. If
you think this opportunity is aligned with your career interests,
do not hesitate to apply! Responsibilities An Integrated Project
Team (IPT) Lead, or Technical Point of Contact (TPOC) will be
responsible for directing medium sized teams of engineers (5-10+)
from concept design through development of prototype systems. This
individual will communicate with DoD Technical Points of Contact
(TPOC), and will work closely with the MDG Project Management team
to provide regular technical status updates, resource estimates,
and collaboration across cross-functional teams.
- Responsibilities and expectations:
- Work with Lead Engineers and Systems Engineer to derive design
specs for systems, or subsystems.
- Work closely with the Systems Engineer to structure these
requirements/design specifications which will drive the specific
designs to actual verification of the deliverable performance.
- Provide regular updates to the DoD customer on the technical
status for the work that the IPT lead oversees including meeting
briefs and written status reporting.
- The IPT lead will work with the MDG engineering organization to
identify the team of engineers and skill sets needed to take
ownership of various design aspects under his/her supervision.
- The IPT lead will engage, oversee, and conduct regular meetings
with his/her delegated engineering team
- The IPT lead will be the primary technical point of contact
(TPOC) for the engineering team assigned under them. The IPT will
assign the work assignments and provide mentorship and oversight to
ensure the work is executed effectively.
- The IPT lead will engage regularly with the PMO to review
status on the engineering budget, schedule, and resource needs
along with variances that occurs with work projections. These
meeting will allow for spend plan updates, and realignments to the
baselined work budgeted.
- The IPT lead will take initiative to work with cross-functional
IPT leads to ensure the interfaces, requirements, and design
integration are being met.
- The IPT lead shall maintain flexibility in design changes upon
customer requests, or program shifts, while evaluating the risk to
budget, schedule, and technical merits. Examine how any changes
could impact the overarching system of systems. Final decision
authority for these potential changes resides with the PMO.
- Experienced using CAD: Solidworks, Rhino, and AutoCAD
- Good attitude; must be a team player, but also efficient
- Possess the interest and flexibility to be involved with
interdisciplinary engineering tasks
- Able to demonstrate initiative and possess time management
skills to meet deadlines
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
- Experience with maritime mechanical systems design and
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software engineering,
development, and implementation, algorithm development and
analysis, and an understanding of automation of industrial
- Experience designing launch and recovery mechanical systems
- Experience with designing large mechanical connections
- Experience with FEA, CFD, MATLAB, and other engineering
- Experience with Solidworks PDM
- Experience in C/C++ programming (3+ years).
- Experience with Matlab / Python and mathematical modeling
techniques for discrete and continuous time systems.
- Experience with configuration management of CAD assemblies
Education/Training: Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering,
Naval Architecture, or equivalent from an accredited college or
university and 5+ years' experience in a Mechanical Engineering
OR Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture,
or equivalent from an accredited college or university and 7+
years' experience in a Mechanical Engineering position. Sorry the
Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: Navatek LLC, Honolulu , Integrated Project Team Lead, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!