Supervisor - Food - Senior
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If,
due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to
navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process,
please contact USASodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport@sodexo.com for
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should
have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall
rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a
healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance.
Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be
effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer
other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs
and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts
(eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all
employees). Position Summary The Supervisor - Senior may work in
any type of food location on client premises. This individual
provides oversight at the direction of management on site to
coordinate routine work activities of workers and/or service
employees engaged in food operations or services at either larger
complex facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health
care, schools, universities or other establishments. This
individual will provide support to management in the daily
oversight of key functions and employees during the normal course
of business. The general responsibilities of the position include
those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities
of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts,
depending on business necessities and client requirements. -
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the
facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides
suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day activities of
subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or
functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to oversight
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as
quality, service and problem resolution.
- Promote the development of the foodservice team.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Maintains key control of operations and responsible for
activities to ensure opening, closing and daily procedures are
- Serves as a working lead supervisor coordinating activities of
workers or service employees engaged in food operations or services
at larger complex facilities of commercial, health care facility,
school, campus or other establishments.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity. Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1or more years related work experience.
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of
staff and resources.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Ability to use a computer. Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push, and/or pull, and
frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40
pounds. Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific
to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud. Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employer. Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this
moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: Sodexo, Honolulu , Supervisor - Food - Senior, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!