Timeshare Title Examiner- Hybrid Opportunity
Company: First American Financial Corporation
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since
1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in
its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are
equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel
welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their
full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our
company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune
100 Best Companies to Work For - list for six consecutive years. We
have also earned awards as a best place to work for women,
diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than
50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always
strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information,
please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
- ***Hybrid Opportunity***Search public records and examine
documents to determine legal condition of vacation ownership
properties in a high volume production environment. Perform quality
control audits on title searches performed by others within the
division. Copy, summarize, and review documents for recordability
which affect the condition of title to the property. Customer
contact involves large vacation ownership developers and aligning
processes with customer service level agreements. Vacation
Ownership projects can vary by developer and require thinking
outside the box, meeting service level agreements, and managing
large scale projects.Essential Functions
- Majority of time is spent performing quality control checks on
title examinations. Review title evidence package, verify
information against product requirements and adherence to service
level agreements. (approximately 70-80%)
- Performs title search and examination of the chain of title in
multiple states for orders requiring a limited level of expertise.
Works on building state knowledge.
- Prepares initial title products including but not limited to
vacation ownership certificates, volume based search worksheets and
commitments based on the application of procedural guidelines.
Write typical requirements on schedule B-I of a commitment and in a
reduced phrase format for volume based search worksheets.
- Set-up volume based search worksheet and files, including
instructions, tasking and sample packages.
- Calculate policy premiums.
- Prepare final title policies.
- Responds to customer inquiries via phone or email contact.
- Review recordable documents, set-up documents for recording
submission and balance recording charges.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Familiarity with basic real estate terms preferred. Understand
the effect of deeds, satisfactions, judgments, full re-conveyances,
corporate documents, trust documents as it relates to property
- Time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Communication skills: verbal & written
- Proficient MS Office skill set; Excel skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- Real estate industry experience
- Title experience preferred#LI-JW1#AGTLFirst American invests in
its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide
superior customer service and encourages them to serve the
communities where they live and work. First American is committed
to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity
employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee
stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corporation, Honolulu , Timeshare Title Examiner- Hybrid Opportunity, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!