Strategic Communications Specialist
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Strategic planning and project management:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop
comprehensive communications plans and multiplatform campaigns to
educate and engage target audiences.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of various
communications plans, best practices and guidelines.
- Lead major projects, including external-facing collaborations,
as well as new employee initiatives, learning and development, and
other efforts to support internal communications.
- Partner with and advise internal stakeholders on best
strategies, tactics and channels to deliver messages.
- Build positive relationships with HMSA stakeholders to drive
- Partner with departments and resources within and outside of
the organization to reach desired objectives.
- Support both internal and external department-related
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of existing communications
content and channels, and build the right communications
frameworks, tools, and messaging as a foundation to move HMSA
- Manage and oversee the successful implementation of new and
innovative communications channels based on research and
Create and oversee content development:
- Oversee the planning and implementation of assigned
communications plans and projects, and corresponding
- Identify, develop, and/or edit timely, relevant, and engaging
communications, such as digital, video, intranet, email, social
media, speeches, talking points, brochures and
- Builds a community where the intended audience feels welcomed,
proactively takes the desired action and participates in
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of communications
mediums, such as the company intranet, email, e-newsletter, digital
displays, social media, events, presentations and more.
- Ensure consistent framing of messages across all mediums and
for different departments across the organization, as well as
- Ensure internal and external messages are consistent.
- Create, manage and maintain a messaging and content
- Partner with other departments to ensure proper internal and
external messaging and relevancy, ensuring consistency of
- Assist Communication's management team with developing and
distributing communications strategies and materials regarding
organizational changes, employee benefits and HMSA goals and
- Assist Communication's management and HMSA Executive team with
developing and distributing crisis communications strategies and
material internally and externally.
Feedback and measurement:
- Develop feedback mechanisms to assess awareness, understanding,
buy-in and engagement in company initiatives, goals and
- Measure effectiveness of messaging and communication vehicles
respond to feedback from colleagues and adjust communications
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data
into recommendations and plans for revising internal communications
- Compile reports for management showing return on
Stay updated on trends:
- Connect with peers inside and outside HMSA to ensure we are
leveraging communications best practices.
Other duties and functions:
- Work closely with larger Communications team to provide
external communications support when needed. Performs other duties,
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as
assigned or directed.
Keywords: HMSA, Honolulu , Strategic Communications Specialist, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!