Member Relationship Officer
Company: University of Hawaii FCU
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We're excited to announce our new location coming soon at the
Kapolei Commons Shopping Mall and we are NOW HIRING friendly faces
with strong customer service skills, JOIN US! DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A
DIFFERENCE?Join a spirited, dynamic team with Hawai`i's leading
credit union as we make a difference in our community - providing
financial value, exceptional service, and state-of-the-art
convenience to our members.Employee BenefitsIn addition to
competitive pay, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits
- Paid Employee Medical And Dental Insurance; UHFCU pays 100% Of
The Base Employee Coverage
- Medical and Dental Plan Premium Waiver Option
- Eleven (11) Company Paid Federal Holidays Plus Four (4) Company
Paid Personal Holidays
- Eligible to Earn Ten (10) Days Paid Vacation; Increases With
Years Of Service
- Paid Sick Leave
- 401(k) Retirement With Employer Match And Profit Sharing
- Employee Loan Discount
- UHFCU Subsidizes 50% For Monthly Bus Pass
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Credit Union-Paid Benefits Such As Group Term Life With
AD&D Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance And Long Term
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Internal and External Professional Development
- And Many More!Position Title: Member Relationship Officer
Department: Kapolei Branch FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt Reports
to: Member Relationship Supervisor Position Purpose:Consistently
provides an atmosphere of high-quality member service. Confidently
supports credit union sales efforts and performs transaction for
members regarding all share and loan products and services. Consult
with members and provide solutions to match their needs. Essential
- Promote credit union products and services based on member
needs as determined from member interviews. Maintain current
knowledge of all credit union's services and polices. Maintain
knowledge of competitor's rates, terms, etc., as well as internal
trends relation to lending. Counsel members on dividend rates and
cross-sell services offered at the credit union.
- Accurately and efficiently processes transaction and service
- Responsible for accurate handling and maintaining of all
cash/negotiable instruments and end-of-day balancing.
- Assist members in the completion of Individual Retirement
Account and Savings Certificate applications. Open new savings
accounts, certificates, assist members with wire transactions,
closing accounts, security breaches, deceased accounts, stop
payments and account disputes.
- Process new account information including ensure compliance
with Customer Information Program (CIP), verifying eligibility,
ordering checks, issuing/ordering debits cards, assist with set-up
of electronic services, ensure collections of appropriate
signatures, and assist with other ancillary account products.
- Provide loan applications and/or information to members and
- Analyze and process consumer loan applications. Pull credit
reports for all accounts, varying debts, estimate monthly payment
for any outstanding debts not listed, and perform other
underwriting processes as applicable.
- Assist member with information as to the status of pending
loans. Explain reasons for denial and explore options for members
when loans are denied.
- Ensure accurate processing of loans by ensuring that each one
is properly documented, closed, disbursed, coordinated, and
- Ensure that all information and transactions regarding credit
union members are keep confidential.
- Enforce strict adherence to established security procedures.
Assist members with discrepancies and complaints. Make corrections
and adjustments on account if necessary.
- Participates in marketing campaigns or promotions with
communication to members and prospective members.
- Performs other duties as required.Performance Standards:
- Provides excellent member service both internally and
- Achieves new accounts and loan production volumes as
- Comply with all rules, regulations and procedures relating to
member accounts, loans, and IRA information.
- Performs work with accuracy and completeness.
- Consistently display timeliness in the management of
- Demonstrate professionalism by exercising sound judgment and
creativity and by representing the credit union in a positive
- Be a trusted source of clear and accurate information to the
membersQualifications:Education/Certification: High school diploma,
GED, college degree or equivalent work experience required.Required
Knowledge: Must be proficient in MS Office Suite. Thorough
knowledge of member services and products Knowledge of credit union
loan services, policies and procedures. Understanding of lending
standards and documentation Knowledge of consumer lending
practices. Experience Required: Two to three years prior experience
in branch operations that include loan and new account
processing.Two to three years customer service experience.One to
two years sales experience.Credit union industry experience a
plus.Skills/Abilities: Able to multi-task, work under pressure and
meet deadlines.Excellent customer service & interpersonal
skills.Able to work in a fast-paced environment.Effective and clear
verbal and written communication skills.Able to prioritize workload
and meet deadlines.Excellent analytical, creative and
problem-solving skills.Able to work independently and make sound
decisions. Activities and Requirements of this Position:Repetitive
Motion: Movements frequently and regularly required using wrists,
hands, and/or fingers.Communication Skills: Must frequently convey
detailed or important instructions of ideas accurately and
quickly.Visual Abilities: Average visual acuity necessary to read,
prepare and inspect documents or products.Hearing: Able to hear
average or normal conversations and receive information.Physical
Strength: Sedentary work (sitting most of the time). Able to lift
and carry up to 25 lbs. Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common
sense understanding to carry-out detailed instructions and to deal
with problems involving variables.Mathematics Ability: Able to
perform basic math skills including adding, subtracting,
multiplying and dividing using a calculator.Language Ability: Able
to write complex sentences using normal word order with present and
past tenses, as well as a command of the English vocabulary.
Working Conditions:Air-conditioned, smoke-free office setting.
Attendance Requirements:Please note that scheduled attendance
requirements may change due to business needs.Business Hours:Monday
through Saturday. Business hours are subject to change. Must be
able to work additional hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Keywords: University of Hawaii FCU, Honolulu , Member Relationship Officer, Other , Kapolei, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!