Utility Steward (full-time)
Company: Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The all-new, vibrant 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach blends indoor
and outdoor luxury to elevate the experience of Oahu resorts. Every
space has been envisioned by award-winning design firm, Rockwell
Group. Fresh, welcoming and relaxing, it's an oasis of tranquility
in the heart of Waikiki.
Experience our spacious, welcoming lobby and captivating 280,000
gallon Oceanarium unique to Honolulu resorts. Coming soon, the
destination pool deck with private cabanas will offer a saltwater
infinity pool, a shallow-water pool and club for kids, and a pool
bar that seamlessly transitions from day to night. With a location
steps from Waikiki Beach, it's where Hawaii vacations turn moments
Our resort is proudly named in honor of Queen Lili'uokalani, the
last reigning monarch of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Beloved by her
people, she was a music composer, an author and an ardent supporter
of her culture. Her spirit is infused into the resort, which shares
the same privileged location as her beachside home Ke'alohilani,
meaning the royal brightness. Welcome to a fresh perspective on
resorts in Waikiki. 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach.
The Utility Steward is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and
proper storage of all china, glass, and silver, and ensuring the
highest standards of sanitation. He/she is also responsible for
assisting the kitchen staff in maintaining the cleanliness of the
kitchen and all storage areas; specifically for cleaning all
equipment, utensils, and the physical work area. He/she is also
responsible for assisting with proper food storage and
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness in all
kitchens, back dock, dumpster and utility work areas.
- Heavy duty cleaning of ovens, grills, sinks, walls, floors,
walk-in refrigerators and freezers and other heavy kitchen
- Sorting, stacking and prewashing all banquet plate ware, flatware
and glassware. May include remote staging areas away from the
- Transportation of soiled plate ware, flatware and glassware from
event space to dishwashing areas.
- Wash pots, pans, and kitchen utensils following proper procedure
for their cleanliness and sanitation.
- Sw eep, mop and wash floors in all food and beverage areas,
kitchen, and restaurant and dock area.
- Keep management informed of shortage of equipment and
- Operate the dishwashing equipment to ensure that all china,
glass, and silver are cleaned thoroughly and sanitation of such is
- Return all clean china, glass, and silver to its proper storage
location using care to minimize breakage.
- Knowledge of proper safe handling techniques for all chemicals
- Report any faulty equipment to management immediately.
- Empty garbage from the Food and Beverage areas into the hotel
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury
to self or other employees.
- Follow the proper procedures in the breakdown, cleaning and
reassembling of all kitchen equipment, as needed.
- Follow all sanitation standards.
- Assist in the set up and breakdown of the restaurant buffet as
required. Assist Banquets and outlets by supplying china, glass,
and silver as required by business demand.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Keywords: Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, Honolulu , Utility Steward (full-time), Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!