Company: PenFed Credit Union
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The future of PenFed starts with you! Our goal at PenFed is to
empower our members to "Do Better" financially. Do you have a
passion to do meaningful work? Our teams' mission is to provide our
members the tools to reach their financial goals. Here at PenFed,
our members are like family and we believe everyone who dreams big
and works hard deserves great rates and rewards. If you agree, you
PenFed is hiring a Teller at our Tripler Branch location in
Honolulu, Hawaii. The primary purpose of this job is to assist with
members service needs in form of selling of products, completing
teller transactions, accurate balancing and performing additional
operational duties. This position can also assist in the training
of other branch employees. This position will play a vital role in
delivering Best in Class Member Experience. The incumbent will work
directly with the Branch Service Representative (BSR) sales team
utilizing sales techniques to uncover member needs while creating a
positive member experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not
intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position
will perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist & Greet current prospective members in person or on the
- Evaluate needs of potential members and offers appropriate
financial products and services.
- Identify sales opportunities using open ended questions to
uncover financial needs, while presenting options and alternative
- Maintain knowledge of PenFed's products and services such as
membership, checking, credit cards, loans, etc.
- Provide ongoing relationship with current members to gain
additional services. Utilize sales techniques to uncover member
needs and match to the credit union products and serve
- Assist and educate members on the use of PenFed Online (PFOL),
mobile banking and other remote channels of banking. Assist members
and explains all PenFed products and serv
- Resolve complex member problems using various PenFed channels
within delegated limits as appropriate.
- Prepare loan documents for review and disbursement as
- Maintain knowledge of operations, security, balancing
procedures and rules and regulations concerning the ATMs and
- Maintain knowledge of PenFed policies and procedures.
- Remain current on outside competitive products.
- Conduct quality assurance monitoring of documents to be sent to
- Provide input to and assists in the implementation of new
- Conduct member transactions when requested.
- Maintain teller cash drawer limits within PenFed policies and
- Balance cash drawer daily and prepares individual settlement
- Maintain accurate records of deposits, withdrawals, official
checks, POS, and share drafts.
- Assist with the daily balancing and closing out of the
- Assist in training of new teammates.
- Perform various Universal Representative (UR) responsibilities
that may include, but not limited to, determining loan payoffs,
cashes checks, furnishing loan and share balances, provide account
numbers, and disburses share withdrawals after verifying proper
- Provide support to other branches to include working weekends
and/or extended hours as required to operate the business.
- Support additional PenFed initiatives to support needs of
members, and business.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of superior customer service experience
- Teller experience is preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise
and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to
help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world.
In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus
(COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and
deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and
state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country's strongest
and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members
and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states
and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and
Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal
Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web,
seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package
including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of
paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities
at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies
which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation
against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin,
ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation,
the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical
condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all
statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all
recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position
classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions,
transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and
conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation
against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or
harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with
a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the
essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat
to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat
cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the
accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human
resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at
Keywords: PenFed Credit Union, Honolulu , Teller, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!