Program Support Specialist
Company: The Salvation Army
Posted on: November 24, 2022
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Hawaiian Pac Isld
Salvation Army Divisional Headquarters
Honolulu, HI 968221798, USA
DescriptionDepartment: ProgramPosition Title: Program Support
SpecialistReports to: Divisional Secretary for ProgramFLSA Status:
ExemptDate: July 2022Job Summary:The Program Support Specialist
will provide administrative support to the Program Department by
collecting and reviewing of statistical information from corps and
programs. This position is also responsible for Community Care
Ministries (CCM) and Veterans Affairs Voluntary Service (VAVS)
membership and work of the division, promoting the Salvation Army's
work of soul winning, increased effectiveness of operation and
development of these areas of ministry.Minimum Qualifications:
- Prior experience with training presentations to adults.
- Knowledge of and experience with web and software-based data
- Familiarity with The Salvation Army's policies and procedures
would be preferred.
- A valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Must be willing to travel.Essential Qualifications:
- AA Degree or two years' experience in administrative work.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must work well with others.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of The Salvation Army mission, philosophy, culture,
protocol, and organizational structure.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously while
keeping attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency in data entry and analysis.Essential
- Ensure the timely and accurate submission of statistical data
from Corps and Units. Review all submissions for completion and
accuracy. Request clarification as necessary.
- Ensure timely closing of stats for the Division each
- Prepare regular reports for DHQ staff officers and program
- Prepare quarterly statistical comparisons of each Corps/Unit to
- Develop an in-depth understanding of NSS, Corps Management
System, TSAMM Angel Tree and WellSky software to assist and train
field personnel in their use.
- Analyze corps and unit data for trends and accuracy of data
- Prepare reports and materials for Divisional Review and Corps
- Prepare year-end reports as requested from Territorial
- Act as a resource and guide to unit statisticians within the
- Complete special projects as assigned by Staff Officers.CCM &
- Maintain proper records for CCM/VAVS for the Division.
- Submit all reports to THQ for each area, on or before the due
- Distribute resources to the field for each ministry area.
- Promote recruitment and provide orientation and training
courses to all corps and units.
- Plan and implement CCM/VAVS event when needed.
- Evaluate and develop Community Care Ministries.
- Register and approve all new CCM members.
- Recommend proposals for the appointment of CCM Secretaries and
Treasurers to the DSP and DDWM.
- Issue all commissions signed by the DC according to Territorial
- Visit corps and centers to encourage and motivate CCM and VAVS
- Promote the observance of CCM Sunday throughout the
- Represent the Division and report VAVS activities to the
designated VA office.
- Attend VAVS meetings when scheduled.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: The Salvation Army, Honolulu , Program Support Specialist, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!