Charge Nurse - Emergency Department (36 Hr, Days)
Location: Ewa Beach
Posted on: November 25, 2022
This position is a Hawaii Nurses and Healthcare Professionals
Bargaining Unit represented position. - - -Job Summary:Provides
nursing care and services to patients/families. Provides direction
to licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and nursing assistive
personnel. Delegates nursing care according to according to legal
and regulatory guidelines/statutes and organizational policies.
Utilizes reasonable judgment in carrying out prescribed medical
orders of a practitioner. Functions as primary nurse/total patient
caregiver. Serves as resource nurse. Acts as preceptor and takes
charge duties as assigned. Serves as charge nurse. Assigns work to
unit/clinic staff as appropriate. Ensures unit/clinic operations
and nursing care runs smoothly.Essential Responsibilities:
- Performs charge duties.
- Identifies patient care problems and ensures follow-up.
- Sets priorities for patient and unit/clinic needs.
- Coordinates departmental activities and staff to ensure optimum
patient care and resource utilization.
- Makes/documents assignments taking into account patient needs
and staff competencies.
- Monitors daily staffing and adjusts according to census,
acuity, and unit/clinic needs.
- Provides clear, consistent direction for staff.
- Practices professional nursing and delegates nursing tasks to
nursing assistive personnel and provides direction to the LPN as
- Utilizes nursing process to deliver care.
- Performs any nursing task requiring nursing knowledge,
judgment, and skill.
- Administers medications.
- Teaches LPNs and nursing assistive personnel special tasks of
- Verifies staff competency to perform special tasks of nursing
care as appropriate.
- Is responsible and accountable for quality of nursing rendered
and adequacy of nursing care provided when special tasks are
delegated to nursing assistive personnel.
- Functions as primary nurse/total patient caregiver.
- Serves as resource nurse and acts as preceptor.
- Incorporates the KP Vision, Model and Values through out their
- Performs administrative and other duties and accepts
responsibility as assigned.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain
clinical expertise, competency and licensing necessary to fulfill
job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the
- Nineteen (19) months of nursing experience.Education
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.License,
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii)
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life SupportAdditional Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in teamwork, leadership,
adaptability, change management, decision making, detail oriented,
customer service, influence, interpersonal relations, oral
communication, prioritization, problem solving, quality management,
results orientation, system thinking, teamwork, time management,
written communication competencies.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- One (1) year experience or completion of formal course in area
- Coursework in basic EKG.#HIRNJob Schedule: Job Category:
Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Honolulu , Charge Nurse - Emergency Department (36 Hr, Days), Other , Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!