Clinical Nurse Specialist - Pediatrics (40 hours Honolulu) APRN
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Summary: Plans, develops, implements, evaluates, and
coordinates wide variety of activities designed to optimize patient
outcomes. Assumes collegial responsibility with leadership of
Nursing, Medicine, and Support Services for a quality program.
Assumes responsibility for evidence based nursing standards of
practice. Leads nursing in research, quality initiatives, program
planning, services, and projects in specialty. In collaboration
with healthcare team, coordinates patient care activities and
education related to specialty. Assumes joint responsibility with
nursing leadership for education and competency of nursing staff in
- Performs in role of advanced practice registered nurse.
- Acts as liaison between patients, professional staff and other
members of the healthcare team.
- Evaluates physical and psychosocial health status of patients
through a health history, physical examination, or mental status
examination, and using diagnostic results that are basic to nursing
evaluation of physical and psychological signs and symptoms.
- Provides assessment and treatment recommendations, in
coordination with the medical staff, for patients. Coordinates care
and services needed in all settings for the continuum of care.
Monitors plan of care and provides ongoing communication with
providers as appropriate.
- Assesses normal and abnormal findings from history, physical
and mental status examinations, and diagnostic reports.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates care of patients and groups of
patients with complex needs in area of practice specialty.
- Consults, as needed, with members of health care teams
concerning physiological, psychological, social, educational, and
ethical issues in area of expertise.
- Teaches biological, pharmacologic, physical, socio-cultural, or
psychological aspects of the patients or clients health care.
Counsels clients, patients, families, or groups concerning problems
related to health or well-being.
- Contributes to development, maintenance, and change of health
care delivery systems to improve quality of health care services
and consumer access to services.
- Initiates and maintains accurate records, appropriate legal
documents, and other health and nursing care reports.
- Devises individualized treatment plan to insure completion of
treatment as recommended by physician and/or other health care
providers. Monitors and evaluates outcomes of recommended treatment
plan. Provides patient education both on individual level and in
form of community service presentations.
- Participates in problem solving and quality improvement
monitoring to help develop, implement and evaluate department
specific processes/policies. Assists and advises in development of
standards, policies and procedures and educational tools for
various patient treatments.
- Partners with physician chief as appropriate for specialty.
Assists in leading service meetings. Follows-up on issues requiring
resolution. Updates physician chief and/or department supervisor
regarding any issues/concerns as appropriate.
- Serves as educational resource to medical and nursing staff.
Provides formal in-services and ongoing informal training for staff
development on assessment and care management modalities.
- Develops and implements plans/projects to improve operational
efficiency and effectiveness. Monitors status and progress and
reports to supervisor.
- Leads nursing in research, quality initiatives, program
planning, services and projects in specialty, including, but not
limited to outcome measurement development and data
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain
clinical expertise, competency, and licensing necessary to fulfill
job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the
- Provides direct patient care on an as needed basis. Provides
services that are within scope of license and in compliance with
all legal, regulatory, and policy requirements relevant to clinical
- Incorporates the KP Nursing Vision, Model and Values through
out their Nursing Practice. Basic Qualifications: Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of direct patient care experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in specialty.
- Masters degree in nursing with specialty in gerontological,
adult, family, medical surgical, acute care or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse License (Hawaii)
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii) required at hire Additional
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication,
written communication, customer service, conflict resolution,
problem solving, quality management, and systems thinking.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing,
multi-media presentations, spreadsheet, and database PC
applications.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Keywords: Kaiser, Honolulu , Clinical Nurse Specialist - Pediatrics (40 hours Honolulu) APRN, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!