HP Pool-Bartender (On-Call)
Company: Hotels and Resorts of Halekulani
Posted on: January 22, 2023
As an integral part of a team, the Bartender is responsible for
continuously looking for ways to improve each guest's experience
from providing exceptional guest service to taking food and
beverage orders, preparing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic
beverages to guests courteously and efficiently according to Hotel
specifications. Maintain stock, supplies and cleanliness of House
Without A Key bar and equipment. Assist Bartenders, Bar Porter,
Servers, and Pool Server.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all department
policies and service and procedures and standards, including use
and maintenance of equipment.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all
guests, however busy and whatever time of day, also maintain
positive guest relations at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items including
glassware uses, this also includes maintaining cleanliness,
sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas; all chemicals
used in accordance with OSHA regulations and hotel
- Maintain knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor
regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors,
intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Prepare drink orders for guest according to outlet
- Answer outlet telephone within 2 rings, using correct greeting
and telephone etiquette.
- Direct and assist bar porter and all servers in their job
functions to ensure smooth and efficient service to guest.
- Log all pertinent information in the bar ledger.
- Ensure maximum usage of all supplies to attain budgeted
beverage cost and to prevent waste.
- Take inventory, prepare beverage order and input order in Adaco
in adherence to outlet's guidelines.
- Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Perform all other duties as required or assigned.
Reports To: Restaurant Manager & Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Minimum 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
- Minimum 2 year(s) experience as a Bartender or Bar Porter.
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training
- Any combination of education and experience which would provide
the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to meet the minimum
qualifications to perform the essential functions of this
- Knowledge of various drink recipes and beverage service
- Liquor Commission Card
- Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to anticipate guest needs; respond promptly and
acknowledge all guests.
- Ensure familiarity with all hotel services/features to respond
to guest inquiries accurately.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and have the ability
- Ability to execute elementary computer skills and basic
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to transport inventory/supplies orders up to 50 lbs to
and from the Storeroom and Orchids/HWAK bar.
- Maintain stationary position for - - 1hour to throughout work
- Able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work long 8-10 hours shift.
- Outdoor, non-air conditioned restaurant environment.
- Exposure to hot, humid weather conditions.
- Cramped working environment.
- Exposure to multiple sanitation solutions.
- Variable noise levels.
- Pay Type Hourly
Keywords: Hotels and Resorts of Halekulani, Honolulu , HP Pool-Bartender (On-Call), Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!