Recruiter - Bilingual (Japanese/English)
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Work from home: This position requires candidate to live in one of
the following locations: Oahu Hi or Maui Hi.
The Recruiter acts as a business partner to site Sales & Marketing
hiring managers, which operates under a high-pressure
incentive-based, target-driven atmosphere, to develop recruiting
strategies to generate a strong pipeline of qualified candidates
for posted positions. The Recruiter - Sales and Marketing will work
with the hiring managers at locations throughout the U.S. to
understand and define their staffing requirements, create sourcing
strategies, and provide subject matter expertise to develop
candidate specifications that will meet business needs as
appropriate. As different regions provide different challenges, a
varied approach to Talent Acquisition will be required. The ability
to deliver on-time and under pressure is a critical ability for the
role. This position may be based at the corporate office or in the
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for
business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects,
business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more
complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department
and/or business results. May direct work of non-management
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results
by: - identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of
business processes. - providing training and technical guidance to
less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as
point-of-contact for problem resolution. - participating in setting
department operating plans. - recognizing and celebrating team
successes. - achieving results against budget within scope of
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for
improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills
- Performs other duties as appropriate. Specific Expected
Contributions (including duties and responsibilities)
- Works closely with the Senior Manager, M&S Talent
Acquisition and the Director, Talent Acquisition to implement
overall recruiting philosophies and tactics.
- Works closely with each resort to personalize this approach to
the specific market and circumstances facing the hiring
- As many Project Directors have their own schemes to attract
good sales people, the Recruiter will need to keep on top of them
all, and share proven best practices across the region.
- Provides consultative leadership to and drives continuous
process improvement for MVW in all aspects of Marketing & Sales
- Manages the full lifecycle recruitment process including
intake, sourcing, screening, and interviewing applicants.
- Also, partners with Compensation to develop competitive and
equitable compensation recommendations, bearing in mind that
Marketing & Sales associates are motivated primarily by
remuneration-based benefit schemes.
- Develops strong relationships with regional recruiters to be
able to take advantage of their 'local knowledge'.
- Provides input to update enterprise wide policies related to
Sales/Marketing Executive talent acquisition.
- Works directly with HR Change Management/Communications to
ensure new policies, processes, tools, etc. are communicated to the
end users in an accurate and timely manner.
- Designs and helps to deliver and develop Talent Acquisition
related processes pertinent to Marketing & Sales recruiting.
- Reviews and analyzes customer satisfaction survey results.
Identifies trends in feedback and provides follow up for issue
resolution and/or appropriate communication to the businesses.
- Constantly appraises the effectiveness of the hiring model
(Compensatory vs. multiple hurdle).
- Keeps updated on assessment tools used for the hiring of Sales
Executives (Shaker vs. Virtual Job Try Out).
- Develops alternative assessment strategies for internal
switches (as opposed to just taking the same assessment test as an
- Works to harness the increasing capabilities of technology
within in the Talent Acquisition world, with specific emphasis on
Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook etc.).
- Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience
and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as
- A professional position with specific knowledge in a discipline
Sales & Marketing. High volume recruiting required.
- Four year Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or
related degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of progressive Talent Acquisition
- Experience at Marriott Vacation Club International
- On-property resort or hotel experience/knowledge
- Minimum three (3) years of progressive recruiting experience
- Experience of Marketing & Sales Recruitment strategies and
- Experience of working with Regional Recruiters.
- Knowledge of social media technology as it relates to Talent
Acquisition (LinkedIn etc) required.
- Experience with Sales & Marketing recruiting preferred.
Skills / Attributes:
- Bilingual - Japanese and English required
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent people skills.
- Is a team player with credibility who works with a high degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete
- Analyzes and assesses situations to find effective solutions;
creative problem solver; engages in fixing the problem; makes
decisions using data
- Possesses strong organizational skills and ability to manage
- Strong mediation skills to facilitate a constructive approach
to deal with conflict Maintains a positive attitude at all times,
especially if strategy and process improvement recommendations are
met with resistance and disagreement; effective at addressing
difficult issues and guiding others toward the accomplishment of
- Knows "mechanics" of applicant tracking system(s) (both hourly
and management); computer literate (sound understanding of
databases and supporting systems)
- Stays current with HR trends and best practices.
- High degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive
- Integrates and balances priorities, work activities and
resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- Active learner enhances personal, professional and business
growth through new knowledge and experiences; pushes the
organization to learn from other industries' standards and
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Honolulu , Recruiter - Bilingual (Japanese/English), Other , Kapolei, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...