Bilingual Tax Staff Accountant
Company: EOS Accountants
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Tax Staff Accountant
Full-Time (40hrs) / Exempt
Business level proficiency in English required - Dual business
level proficiency in Japanese required.
The role of Staff accountant is to be responsible for preparing tax
returns, tax provisions, transfer pricing and tax consultation
services to clients. They are an important part of the engagement
team and will have contact and interactions with the client.
- Apply academic training in accounting and tax laws/regulations
to prepare tax returns (corporate, individual, partnership). This
includes gathering and analyzing relevant information provided by
- Research and interpret tax laws to prepare letters on behalf of
taxpayers to federal and state taxing jurisdictions regarding tax
issues. Assist with tax audits.
- Research and interpret tax laws on issues and questions arising
from client transactions, audits, and tax filings.
- Review and analyze client operations and transactions for
preparation of transfer pricing study analyses and reports.
- Review and analyze client data to prepare tax provisions for
- Develop client satisfaction by meeting with clients, providing
timely and effective responses to requests and concerns, and
providing consultation on tax matters.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in
writing, to build business relationships.
- Demonstrate broad, in-depth understanding of tax concepts,
actively pursue increased tax knowledge through client assignments,
and keep abreast of current tax developments.
- Work on multiple tax engagements simultaneously and manage time
and work effectively.
- Use communication and people skills to work collaboratively
within a diverse team environment and effectively communicate with
peers, supervisors, and clients to foster positive working
- Understand and use various software applications (Excel, Word,
Power Point, tax preparation software, etc.) to perform day-to-day
To qualify, candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, or a tax concentration
within an accounting program from an accredited
- A CPA or EA license, or qualified candidate to sit for the CPA
- Strong tax accounting and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in tax accounting software,
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task. Benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Paid volunteer time off / Matching Donations
- Referral bonus program
- CPA/EA license incentives and professional membership
Note: Benefits may vary depending on specific employment terms
Keywords: EOS Accountants, Honolulu , Bilingual Tax Staff Accountant, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...