Insurance Specialist II - Hawaii
Posted on: November 17, 2023
About -Xtend HealthcareXtend Healthcare -is a revenue cycle
management company focused exclusively on the healthcare industry.
The company's services range from full revenue cycle outsourcing,
A/R legacy cleanup and extended business office to coding and
consulting engagements. As part of -Navient -(Nasdaq: NAVI), Xtend
taps the strength and scale of a large-scale business processing
solutions company. Learn more at -THIS POSITION WILL WORK ON-SITE
IN HONOLULU, HAWAII.Xtend Healthcare is looking for an Insurance
Specialist II who will be responsible for review and resolution of
outstanding insurance balances on hospital or physician patient
accounts. The Insurance Specialist will be required to have
flexibility to learning and comprehending complex hospital systems
and keen analytical skills to evaluate appropriate next steps to
bring aged account receivables to resolution.The Insurance
Specialist will be responsible to ensure cash recovery goals are
met and assigned hospital receivables are appropriately addressed
according to company, client and federal guidelines.JOB SUMMARY:1.
- Effectively manages assigned insurance receivables to achieve
business line expectations. -
- Meets productivity standards as outlined by business line.
- Achieves a minimum of 85% work quality scoring and accuracy on
all accounts worked.
- Completes timely follow-up on assigned accounts to ensure no
- Meets monthly cash expectations as set out for assigned client
- Ensures insurance accounts are resolved within 90 days of
placement. - - -
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize work with some oversight
to meet outlined goals.2. - Perform account research and route
accounts through appropriate client workflows. -
- Ability to understand, navigate and perform research of account
within client host systems.
- Exceptional understanding of patient accounting systems
allowing for ease of transition and learning of new systems as
needed by business line.
- Clearly documents actions taken and next steps for account
resolution in patient accounting system
- Excellent working knowledge of Prism system and displays clear
understanding of claim updates, request workflow, and action step
entry into the system.
- Appropriately makes request for documentation based on account
needs and compliance guidelines.
- Ability to navigate billing system to perform basic claim
- Clearly prepares appeals for payment to insurance company when
- Ensure strong communication skills to convey intricate account
information.3. - Ensure all accounts are worked within client
standards and Federal Regulations. -
- Maintain high quality account handling per client
- Work within federal, state regulations, department/division &
all Compliance Policies. - - - - - - -
- Maintain clear, concise and accurate documentation of all
attempts and/or contacts made and received for accounts in
accordance with company and client specifications. - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -4. -
Maintain continuing education, training in industry career
development. - -
- Maintain current knowledge of and comply with all federal and
state rules and regulations governing phone calls and collections
including HIPAA, FDCPA, Privacy Act, FCRA, etc.
- Attend training sessions as directed by management.
- Integrate information obtained through training sessions and
policy changes immediately into daily routine.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma (additional equivalent experience above the
required minimum may substitute for the required level of
- 1 year in hospital account receivables and billing experience
(additional equivalent education above the required minimum may
substitute for the required level of experience)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills---PREFERRED
- Organization, planning and prioritizing
- Communication skills
- Data management
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Possess excellent reading and writing skills
- Strong Computer skillsAll offers of employment are contingent
on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its
affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government
contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government
contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be
subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to
determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract
employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that
support state and/or local contracts also may require additional
background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.EOE
Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its
subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States
of America.Navient is a drug free workplace.
Keywords: Navient, Honolulu , Insurance Specialist II - Hawaii, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!