Treatment Associate - Kaneohe (Hina Mauka)
Posted on: November 18, 2023
UH Alumni: Treatment Associate - Kaneohe (Hina Mauka) Skip to
- Treatment Associate - Kaneohe (Hina Mauka) Login Treatment
Associate - Kaneohe (Hina Mauka)Location: Kaneohe, HawaiiPosition
Under the supervision of the Treatment Associate Supervisor,
supervises and monitors client activities, respond to crisis and
emergencies situations, provide support services for medical and
clinical team during program and non-program hours, escort clients
to appointments and outside treatment activities, daily
documentation and responsible for the security and physical
conditions of the living environment and for the safety and well
being of the Hina Mauka clients. Protects confidentiality of
clients and client records in accordance with all applicable state
and federal regulations.
I. Essential Functions
1. Serves as the on duty Hina Mauka staff member during
non-structured program hours.
2. Responsible for managing crisis and other emergencies in the
facility and consulting/notifying appropriate program staff.
3. Responsible for fire and safety watch, responding to any client
crisis, providing appropriate documentation according to Hina Mauka
policies and procedures.
4. Provides informal counseling to clients during non-structured
programming as needed.
5. Interprets program handbook to clients. Maintains communication
between clients and other staff.
6. Maintains client records, contributes to progress notes, and
conducts chart audits.
7. Escorts clients to 12 step meetings, other program functions,
and outside functions as needed.
8. Coordinates and supervises client activities during
non-structured program hours.
9. Under the direction of the Medical Director, via R.N., monitors
the condition of minor medical conditions. Consults with and
reports to R.N. and/or Medical Director regarding client conditions
and need for medical attention. Arranges for client transportation
for emergency medical care as directed by Medical Director, R.N.
and/or Manager of Adult Services.
10. Conduct medication observation protocols and document on
Medication Administration Record (MAR)
11. Under the supervision of the Manager of Adult Services assists
counseling staff in providing counseling, education, and skill
12. Participates in shift change and preparation of oncoming shift
13. Responsible for the general cleanliness, orderliness and safety
of the residential unit.
14. Provide general living skills teaching and management to
clients during housekeeping and outdoor activities
15. Performs urinalysis testing as directed by clinical staff and
Contract Manager.II. Other Functions
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
2. Attend scheduled trainings as mandated
III. Qualification Requirements
Education/Experience and Training:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. One year experience in a substance abuse treatment setting or
psychiatric treatment setting preferred.
3. Eligible for certification in CPR and first aid.
4. Valid Hawaii State driver's license and a current clean
5. Successfully complete all required Hina Mauka designated
trainings shift assignment (TA Duties, Med duties, Interaction
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to work with and relate to clients with substance abuse
disorders, including dually diagnosed in an appropriate manner
2. Ability to respond calmly and efficiently to stressful
situations with crisis management skills.
3. Well organized and able to maintain accurate and concise
4. Computer literate (word, excel, spreadsheets, various software,
5. Legible handwriting
IV. Physical/Mental Demands
1. Moderate physical effort (lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds);
occasional standing/walking; occasionally lifts supplies/equipment.
May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases. May perform
2. Personal protective equipment: non-sterile medical gloves
3. Must be able to drive car, light truck or small van. Contact
InformationContact: Hina Mauka HR, Hina Mauka
University of Hawai'i Alumni
Keywords: Uhalumni, Honolulu , Treatment Associate - Kaneohe (Hina Mauka), Other , Kaneohe, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!