Security Guard (7039)
Posted on: October 12, 2018
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Event Security Officer. As an Event Security Officer, you will monitor gate entry, secure restricted areas, patrol stand and concourse areas, perform crowd control, and various other administrative duties. G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Check bags/purses/back packs at entry gates; contraband removal
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Secure restricted areas and entries
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional mannerEducation, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- If previously employed, meaningful and verifiable work history Skills Required
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail Other
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to work flexible schedules
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
Associated topics: canine detection, loss control, loss prevention, metal detection, protect, public safety officer, safety officer, safety report, security, surveillance
Keywords: G4S, Honolulu , Security Guard (7039), Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!