CDL A Delivery Truck Driver - $4,000 Sign-on Bonus
Posted on: January 13, 2021
Company: US0424 Sysco HawaiiZip Code:96819Minimum Level of
Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:2
YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: 0OVERVIEW:We offer
our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.JOB SUMMARYThis is a delivery
position responsible for driving a tractor-trailer to deliver and
unload various products for Sysco customers. This requires using
excellent customer service skills and working under state and
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco safety
preferred work methods. Overtime hours, working weekends and
holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are
required to successfully meet customers' needs.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time
windows. Immediately inform the management team of any
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using a hand cart, and
place in designated customer storage areas. May include
transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds,
up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72 to stack and unstack
pallets and hand cart.
- Constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading products,
and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper
signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies
on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and
complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities following the
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco policies
- Perform coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as
- Complete DOT logs (electronic or manual as required), company
vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company
representative as required.
- Follow SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and
immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist
with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including
but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, and personal
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.QUALIFICATIONEducation
- High school diploma or general education degree
- 2 years local food or beverage delivery experience
- Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience
- Must be 21+ years of age.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with a clean driving
record (including no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple
DUIs within the last 10 years).
- 1-year commercial driving experience.
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background
Check, Physical Abilities Test).
- For internal associates, or if market conditions warrant, Sysco
may opt to require completion of Sysco's Entry-Level Driver
Training Program within first 12 weeks of Driver employment, in
place of 1 year CMV experience.Professional Skills
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory
control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to
routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to
the job and the safety regulations.
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply,
divide).CompetenciesTo be successful in this position, the
individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
- CommunicationApplicants must be currently authorized to work in
the United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Honolulu , CDL A Delivery Truck Driver - $4,000 Sign-on Bonus, Professions , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!