Technician IT Business Intelligence
Company: Bank of Hawaii
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Under the direction of the manager, this position works with
business partners and vendors to design, develop, implement and
utilize business intelligence strategies/tools to assist in the
delivery of clear, reliable data and metrics to better understand
and improve business processes. If applicable or appropriate,
ensures business unit's compliance with applicable laws,
regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and
procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair
Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy
Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
- Business Partnership
- Nurtures a positive business relationship with business units
- Point of contact for one or more business applications.
- Facilitates and works with business users to identify and
analyze their needs and define business requirements for new or
- Ensures that business requirements are clear, feasible and
- Facilitates discussions among technical staff to provide the
business community with alternatives and solutions to meet agreed
- Identifies and proposes business solutions.
- Negotiates deliverables across multiple business groups.
- Understands and applies the discipline of business process
- Analyzes business partner operations to determine opportunities
to streamline and automate business process.
- Supports planning and prioritization of process engineering and
- Advises business partners on options, risks, cost versus
benefits, and impact on business process, goals and budget.
- Leads project planning sessions with clients, business
analysts, and team members.
- Directs efforts and communicates project status, schedules and
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating
communication between business units and IT.
- Develops and maintains systems from a given set of requirements
directly or through other staff.
- Leads design, code and configuration reviews.
- Analyzes reviews and rewrites programs and systems to increase
operating efficiency or to adapt program to new requirements either
internally or through a contracted vendor.Ensures system
application, configuration, and/or program code produced
individually, by vendors or staff members adheres to the Bank's
standards and applicability to business requirements.
- Provides logic, screen flows, and diagrams depicting data
integration and flows from technical specifications.
- Develops and maintains documentation of all technical
development and subsequent revisions.
- Reuses existing components in new designs and develops new code
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or
reuse of existing code.
- Maintains and enhances third-party software.
- Leads the planning and execution of application and systems
installations and upgrades, including security and program
configuration and maintenance for business applications and
databases in production, development, test and disaster recovery
- Leads and participates in team events and projects.
- Works with all levels of staff and management to address
concerns and resolve issues.
- Coordinates and communicates status on issues, projects and
other business activities to management and business partners.
- Drives assigned tasks through to completion.
- Provides technical leadership, assistance, and review of work
for junior and peer staff members and vendors.
- Provides appropriate staff mentoring and coaching to foster a
strong team atmosphere.
- Provides input for performance management and development
opportunities for junior staff.
- Responsible for their own learning; takes the initiative to
become educated and knowledgeable on topics that pertain to
technology, banking industry, and their job.
- Educates users on systems and processes and acts as and IT
- Provides cross training with other team members to maintain
effective back up.
- Understands and articulates to the IT organization the
direction of the business, emerging technologies and their
- Investigates and facilitates the development of new approaches
and techniques for possible implementation individually or through
staff. Works closely with management to ensure that all systems are
in line with the IMSG technology strategy.
- Reviews current process and recommends alternatives/solutions
for improved efficiency.
- Accountable for developing and communicating career goals to
- Develops plan for achieving established career objectives.
- May assist with the leadership of a team or section including
staffing, scheduling, performance management and development.
- Production Maintenance
- Supports the production environment; logs and tracks problems;
responds to questions and support requests and ensures the
production environment meets service levels established with
- Leads and ensures appropriate analysis of problems, initiates
corrective actions through resolution, takes steps to improve
production support, implements preventative measures and ensures
status updates are provided to those impacted in support of the
IMSG Service Level Agreement.
- Facilitates meetings with Business Units and technical staff to
- Ensures outstanding problems are addressed by the appropriate
support group/individual and priorities and deadlines are
- Performs regular follow-up according to procedures, and
confirms resolution with user prior to closing the problem
- Confirms impact of user problems are communicated via the
various communication channels.
- Maintains knowledge of products and services supported.
- Ensure system performance levels are monitored and develops the
appropriate alerting and reporting processes as appropriate.
- Initiates communication with vendor and if needed, escalates
with vendor management for problem resolution.
- Implements program/system updates and enhancements, in
accordance with corporate policies and Information Management and
Systems Group (IMSG) standards.
- Manages application system updates and ensures that processes
are in place such that similar updates are applied to the
underlying infrastructure and associated interfaces.
- Coordinates with other technical teams to identify, research,
and resolve problems with application systems, their associated
interfaces, and underlying infrastructure.
- Maintains documentation of IT procedures, system configuration
standards, maintenance and upgrades.
- Follows risk management guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with applicable BOH policies.
- Systems Analysis
- Leads systems and/or process analysis and design to meet
functional and organizational requirements, individually and/or
through assigned staff.
- Provides input and recommends alternatives while costing,
estimating, or validating solutions, individually and/or through
- Incorporates Bank of Hawaii Information security policies and
procedures into all system designs.
- Incorporates the reuse of existing components within designs
where feasible and efficient.
- Aligns systems designs with Bank of Hawaii's business and
- Participates in continuous review to ensure that systems meet
changing business and regulatory conditions.
- Manages full systems life cycles which include hardware or
software replacement and
- Develops test plans that incorporate Corporate Testing
Standards and may guide junior staff in the use of industry
- Provides guidance on the development of appropriate testing
activities for junior staff.
- Directs and performs testing activities.
- Partners with Business units in support of test scripts and
test plans for acceptance testing.
- Reviews vendor documentation and assists business units with
- Leads design and pre-implementation walkthroughs.
- Ensures that a test environment is available.
- Ensures test results are documented and approvals are received
prior to implementation.
- Ensures development and validity of disaster recovery plans for
- Defines interface requirements and methodology.
- Recommends business testing requirements.
- Vendor Management:
- Has an understanding of contractual agreements and holds vendor
accountable to the terms of the agreement.
- Manages vendor to deliver agreed-upon service levels and
delivery commitments related to systems performance.
- Manages resolution of issues and concerns with vendor
performance especially where there is impact to production and
- Directs vendors to configure vendor delivered products and
services to adhere to defined technical specification.
- Leads and/or participates in contractual negotiations and
recommends appropriate changes based on corporate IT standards and
- Leads the development of Request for Information (RFIs),
Request for Proposal (RFPs) and business cases.
- Leads and/or participates in evaluation of vendor proposals and
performance taking into account corporate strategy and IT
architecture standards...... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Bank of Hawaii, Honolulu , Technician IT Business Intelligence, Professions , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!